OMG Zombie Jeep!

mcj600

TJ Enthusiast
IMG_4420.JPG

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch
In the late 90's I had a 67 Commando (C101) that I "driver" restored. I painted it Chevy Victory red, cool color.
It had the 231 V-6 with a giant flywheel, 4.88's, electric overdrive, 3 speed. It was fun but I couldn't stop the rust. I also took out the steering gear and put in a Saginaw box, big improvement.

Hah - apparently the PO liked to drink and run into things. While the bumper took the brunt of things, the grill was bent in and the fenders are slightly pushed back into the body. Oh, and he had to vacuum out hundreds of those old school aluminium pull tabs like the old beer cans used to have. You had to rip them all the way off, unlike today. How many of y'all are old enough to remember these?

tabs.jpg

That poor bumper needs some help. Sure digging on the grill badge, however. Already been looking into those... ;)

If you're just looking for some garage/man cave decoration, there are some knock-offs on ebay. Not the real deal but the price is right:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=182623471018

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=182678597818

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=182953224766

Reactions: Squatch
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
In the late 90's I had a 67 Commando (C101) that I "driver" restored. I painted it Chevy Victory red, cool color.
It had the 231 V-6 with a giant flywheel, 4.88's, electric overdrive, 3 speed. It was fun but I couldn't stop the rust. I also took out the steering gear and put in a Saginaw box, big improvement.

Nice! Any pics?

Ah, yes...the pull tabs. Seems like you would find them everywhere back in the day. And yeah, I've seen the re-pops of the grill badge. Might just do that, considering what it's going on.

Hah - apparently the PO liked to drink and run into things. While the bumper took the brunt of things, the grill was bent in and the fenders are slightly pushed back into the body. Oh, and he had to vacuum out hundreds of those old school aluminium pull tabs like the old beer cans used to have. You had to rip them all the way off, unlike today. How many of y'all are old enough to remember these?

View attachment 43229
These tabs were the ones you could shake up and give to a mate to open...:D….these newer one don't have the same effect...ahhh good times lol

+1! Would love an old 69 Jeepster Commando one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For some strange reason, I like the '72/'73 bull nose versions. It's not because of their looks, but more because of the switch to the AMC I-6 (258ci) and V-8 (304 ci). And well, yes, I guess I do like the longer nose, too. They did that to accommodate the new engines. They're odd looking, but I just can't help but love 'em.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
For some strange reason, I like the '72/'73 bull nose versions. It's not because of their looks, but more because of the switch to the AMC I-6 (258ci) and V-8 (304 ci). And well, yes, I guess I do like the longer nose, too. They did that to accommodate the new engines. They're odd looking, but I just can't help but love 'em.
They almost look Bronco-ish...nice