Opinion on steering geometry

Amigo

Good afternoon everyone. Just added steering component and I just wanted to know your opinion on the angles. I have 4” lift with 33s on. I have added adjustable track bar with drop bracket. Steering box and shafts. I do have stock pitman arm.(do I need drop pitman arm if I have dropped track bar bracket). I have sloppy steering and I can’t figure out what it is.

1F15DB70-5170-4DD7-A167-210C22CA80AD.jpeg

You do have a dropped trackbar mount. The best solution would be to swap for an OEM style trackbar, or an aftermarket trackbar that mounts like OEM (Currie, JKS, etc.). You could use a dropped pitman of the same height as the trackbar drop, but that’s more work than it’s worth.

That usually results in bumpsteer as opposed to sloppy steering. I suspect there’s something else in the system causing the slop.

Get rid of the drop track bar bracket and keep the stock pitman arm.

I have been thinking of going back to Currie track bar. I haven’t done ball joints.
You do have a dropped trackbar mount. The best solution would be to swap for an OEM style trackbar, or an aftermarket trackbar that mounts like OEM (Currie, JKS, etc.). You could use a dropped pitman of the same height as the trackbar drop, but that’s more work than it’s worth.

That usually results in bumpsteer as opposed to sloppy steering. I suspect there’s something else in the system causing the slop.
[/QUOTE

I have 4" of lift and 33's as well, I recently went through the front end & replaced all the steering components to solve my wandering / bumpsteer. The biggest takeaway from the advice on this board was to ditch the dropped pitman arm since I have a stock trackbar mount, and that dropped arms & trackbars don't serve much of a purpose with my lift / tire combo.

I had my wife turn the steering wheel back & forth ever so slightly on the ground while I felt around for any free play, and I eventually ended up installing the ZJ steering kit, replacing the dropped pitman arm with a stock unit, & replacing the ball joints. My steering is about 1000% better now.