Opinions on this 2006 65th anniversary?

joelt5

Looking at this Wrangler but after having the guy send me pictures of the frame I'm not too sure how i feel.

his description: "his is the 65th Anniversary edition. I have been working on it, and was about to have it painted but have decided to sell and get a boat. Anyway, the tub has a sprayed in liner. New tires. New AC. New Bestop, with the 3 removable panels. New stereo. New seat covers. New half cover for when the panels are off soft top. I have the tube doors and temp mirrors as well. Warn winch. Runs great, I just don't drive it and likely won't. 67K or so miles. Thanks. "

has it listed for 11,000
only 67,000
says he has only driven it 5k in 2 years and now all it does is sit at his house.
The paint also needs some touching up

Opinions?

00h0h_lETeSmCX7pz_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_jbXzMz4oKGt_600x450.jpg

01010_hRq6jQiHpDc_1200x900.jpg

01616_i4sIchZSQAi_1200x900.jpg

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

I would buy it! That frame isn't bad at all. There's some minor surface rust spots, but nothing a good wire wheel and some paint can't take care of! I love that color too!

I would buy it! That frame isn't bad at all. There's some minor surface rust spots, but nothing a good wire wheel and some paint can't take care of! I love that color too!
Wow. I know.. the color is what is really making want to pull the trigger. As for making an offer on it, what would you suggest?

Wow. I know.. the color is what is really making want to pull the trigger. As for making an offer on it, what would you suggest?

Given the mileage, that price isn't unreasonable at all. He'd easily get that price for it up here in the PNW. I would try offering 10k and see if he accepts. I think for 10k that's a nice Jeep.

Like I said, some rust here and there, but that's the easy type of rust to fix.

Reactions: rasband
Given the mileage, that price isn't unreasonable at all. He'd easily get that price for it up here in the PNW. I would try offering 10k and see if he accepts. I think for 10k that's a nice Jeep.

Like I said, some rust here and there, but that's the easy type of rust to fix.
x2

Reactions: rasband
I know that the tub's been bedlined, but without carpet or a bedrug, it's going to be a bit noisier. That is one thing...if you are willing to go $10k, and that's your limit, if you start at $9k, and go up from there to $10k, and he is good with that, you both might be happy.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
10,000 is my limit. Do you see any bargaining points that I haven't listed? (Needs new paint, rust, etc..)
paint work is very expensive, that alone is a huge bargaining point. what are the seats like under the covers? With out carpet it is going to be very loud so you will probably want to buy bedrug carpet for the entire thing and that will be $400 range.

Looks like the front bumper is only held on by the swaybar bolts. Also I do not see any bolts on those side steps - are they welded to the frame? Make sure to look under the seat covers.

no it doesn't. how would i go about inspecting that? is that a bad thing?
It should be a good thing. Compare the hood to an uncut TJ hood. The fenders have been raised (as have the rear flares and hopefully the wheel opening to match). Basically, this creates room for more suspension travel and/or a slightly larger tire with less lift.

Look at how the hood was cut. Look at the fenders around the headlights and inside the where the turn signals are. Look at the transition along the rockers. And finally the rear wheel opening. That is where you will see the quality of the work. It won't be factory perfect. But it doesn't need to be a hack job either.

That's the best looking Wrangler out there, go for it! I may be slightly biased though...

That center console looks all chopped up and I'm curious what shape the seats are in but it doesn't look like a bad ride and would give you some projects to have fun with.

Reactions: Kvarilek
Whoever built that Jeep made some interesting decisions. It's a different path than most.

I just noticed the blast shield fairlead mount. Interesting decisions... :)