Opinions on winches

I’m not here to contribute to the debate on if or what winch you need. But I just installed the zeon 10s last weekend. This is my first install and the zeon is a center mount winch. I had to slot every winch mounting hole on my savvy bumper. I’m assuming all other winches are offset to the passenger side.
Can a winch be installed behind the stock bumper?View attachment 75988
If that’s your Jeep the answer is yes... but it has to be the the stock Rubicon 10 Anniversary Edition if you want a simple bolt in ($500+). You need a winch mount plate also though ($200). If you’re handy with tools you could get or make the mount plate and make that bumper work.

Reactions: JDM
I don't think I've ever seen a winch mounted on a JK with a stock bumper.

Looks nice....if you’re into that sort of “Thing”

Would like opinions on Warn winches Zeon 8-S, Zeon 10-S and VR8-S. I do not do any rock climbing or major off-roading. Only occasional beach driving in summer. Any information/feedback would be great. I have a 2004 TJ Rubicon. Thanks

If you’re asking if you need a winch...probably not. If you’re asking which one of those I would sit behind (comfortably I might add)............here’s my pick.

Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch - 9500 lb. Load Capacity.
$299.99 Free shipping from Amazon. This is new.

What about a "previously owned" winch? Pros and cons please.

Most important to buying a pre-owned winch is the availability of parts. Warn, Ramsey are good about parts for most of their models. Milemarker is ok, Superwinch is kinda iffy.

Reactions: Shatto