Opinions on Zone 3 Lift Kit

elkelsor

Going to get a 3 inch lift, and wanted to get some opinions on the Zone Off-road 3 inch lift

Get the 4.25" lift and buy it from a place that gives you the Rancho RS5000X shock option. I've run it on a few of my Jeeps, including my current one. Six years with no issues so far.

Reactions: John Cooper
I have the zone 3” lift with 33s. I hardly ever off-road but it is great for DD. Rides really well fora lifted jeep

I have the Zone Offroad 4" Coil Lift for my 04 LJ and been very happy with it. There was a few extras that I needed to deal with. Engine skid plate crossmember smacked on the front driveshaft. If you search the forums it can be an issue. Some people notched it or cut it. I just replaced the whole thing with Under Cover Fabworks Engine skid plate. Also my lower control arm bolts were rust welded to the bushings. Ended up having to order new ones. The control arms that come with the kit are fine. Not adjustable. Will need to do an alignment and recenter your steering wheel. All of those are fairly straight forward and there are great write ups on this forum on how to do that.

If it is your first time doing this. Get a torque wrench.

Not sure what area of the US your are from but start spraying the bolts you will need to replace with Kroil or other fluids. Especially the rear upper shock bolts.

Good Luck

EDIT: I forgot the Cable shifter addition like @JMT suggested. Mine had already been swapped out since the original rusted

Last edited:
Also, would the 4.25 inch combo lift be better?

A difference between 3” and 4.25” is the final tire size you can run. Other than that the 4.25” has a body lift. You’ll need to adjust the gas tank filler hose and get a cable shifter linkage for the TCase.

Get a kit that offers the Rancho 50000X shock if possible.

I did not like Zone rear angled trackbar relocation bracket. I don’t know if it comes with either kit though.

If you get vibes you’ll need an SYE, DC, and rear CA’s, unless you have a Rubicon, and then you’ll just need a longer DC and CA’s.

Other than that, for what it is it’s a good quality lift for not much money.

Alright, I’m planning on getting the 3 inch suspension lift. I have a manual transmission, and I don’t really need the body lift

Reactions: TheBoogieman
But, you'll need the MML that comes with the 4.25" kit for driveline vibes. You don't want to lift your Jeep 3", just to drop the skid 1" or more.
X2, that's solid advice right there. MML = motor mount lift which will reduce the angles the rear driveshaft u-joints work into to stop them from vibrating that would happen without installing ether the MMLs or a t-case drop.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
X2, that's solid advice right there. MML = motor mount lift which will reduce the angles the rear driveshaft u-joints work into to stop them from vibrating that would happen without installing ether the MMLs or a t-case drop.

Okay, I’m still debating which one to get. Just for the record, the 3” lift includes a transfer case drop. I also have 32.7s