Options for extending the clutch pedal for shorter people?

This is an option, but I have a feeling it's not cheap:

http://www.creativecontrolsinc.com/products/pedalmates.htm

I like @StG58's idea better, but pics are needed.
It's a pretty simple setup. I don't have one handy, unfortunately.

Cut a piece of 2x4 so it's a square. It doesn't have to be perfect. Drill a 1/4" hole in the center. That's where the carriage bolt goes. Take the rubber pad off the clutch pedal. Mark through the hole in the 2x4 chunk onto the metal pedal. Drill a 1/4" hole in the pedal. Put the 2" carriage bolt through the hole and put a wing nut on the back. Tighten the whole assembly down. Viola! The clutch pedal is 1-5/8" closer to your left foot. Easy on, easy off with the wing nut. Put the rubber pad back on and you can't even tell it's been modified.

Not for use on a brake or gas pedal though. That's not particularly safe.

Reactions: Chris
I'm vertically challenged as well so I feel you pain.:(.... I have special driving shoes to help me reach the pedals.
platform.jpg

It's a pretty simple setup. I don't have one handy, unfortunately.

Cut a piece of 2x4 so it's a square. It doesn't have to be perfect. Drill a 1/4" hole in the center. That's where the carriage bolt goes. Take the rubber pad off the clutch pedal. Mark through the hole in the 2x4 chunk onto the metal pedal. Drill a 1/4" hole in the pedal. Put the 2" carriage bolt through the hole and put a wing nut on the back. Tighten the whole assembly down. Viola! The clutch pedal is 1-5/8" closer to your left foot. Easy on, easy off with the wing nut. Put the rubber pad back on and you can't even tell it's been modified.

Not for use on a brake or gas pedal though. That's not particularly safe.

So you out the rubber pad back over the 2x4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't believe you do. The rubber pad is a slip-on over the metal pedal. Once you peel/pop off the rubber pad, it's easy to see how it attaches, and that you wouldn't be able to attach it to the 2X4 block. Now, having said that, I'll bet you could end up with a second rubber pad, and find a creative way to attach it (maybe screw it to the block?), but you'll likely end up altering the rubber pad in some way, or another. Then if you ever decide to return the whole thing back to stock, just remove your custom set-up, and pop the original unaltered one back on.
*The back will look something like this:
upload_2018-2-20_6-17-28.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ