Options For Grille Damage

05MDLJ

My LJ had a bug guard installed from the previous owner resulting in 4 holes in the chrome grill. I know replacing the grill isn't an easy swap like with the JK etc. Any idea of a quick fix (that's angry bird grill) or am I stuck with the holes?

IMG_1683.jpg

You could hide them behind a winch and lights. A winch bumper with a bull bar and light mounts, lights, and a winch would make it not obvious. Still wouldn't fix the holes, but it wouldn't be immediately apparent

That should be an overlay, not the actual grille. Sourbluff on here has one. You could PM him or Plasti-Dip it black.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...put-an-angry-bird-grille-over-it.39581/page-2
If it isn’t horribly bent up would spray painting yours so that doesn’t rust away and cover with an overlay be an option. Recently removed the OEM chrome overlay from my 2005. Nothing wrong with it, just like look better without it. Certain we could work out better deal than the $300 they sell for on eBay.

View attachment 185500
View attachment 185501

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Maybe use the holes for some small LED lights or light bars. I know some put “pre-runner” amber lights...or find a small LED light/light bar and get some functionality with it too.

You could also do some flush mount bolts or anodized bolts to make it look like it’s there for a reason.

Personally it wouldn’t bother me to just leave the holes as is.

If you want to discuss a swap let me know. One possible thought for chrome overlay that came off my LJ is wall ornament for my nephew. Those extra holes could maybe be lights or mounting location.