OR-Fab closed...

Brantley

TJ Enthusiast
Well crap! I just found out from their website that OR-Fab closed the 1st of July this year. This is sad, as their tire carrier was my favorite design by far and was actually next on my list of things to buy. I doubt I'll be able to get one before they're all off the market other than used. Anyone know any other good brands similar to the OR-Fab carrier? I've seen Bestop's, but there is just no comparison between OR-Fab's beefy brackets and Bestop's brackets...

Well crap! I just found out from their website that OR-Fab closed the 1st of July this year. This is sad, as their tire carrier was my favorite design by far and was actually next on my list of things to buy. I doubt I'll be able to get one before they're all off the market other than used. Anyone know any other good brands similar to the OR-Fab carrier? I've seen Bestop's, but there is just no comparison between OR-Fab's beefy brackets and Bestop's brackets...

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I want their swing out tire carrier.

Reactions: Brantley
You're effin' kidding me!? They made some of the nicest stuff, including their swing out rear tire carrier.

I suggest you guys buy up the remaining inventory while you can.

Good thing you got yours @Jerry Bransford. I got mine too!

Reactions: Brantley
I know guys, it sucks! I've wanted one forever and am now kicking myself for not getting one sooner.

Now I'm gonna have to settle for either Bestop (opens with the tailgate), or JCROffroad with the bumper mounted design :rolleyes: (at least it uses two Timken bearings on the post), but still...I want OR-Fab!

I found a company on Facebook that might (hopefully) have some stock of OR-Fab stuff leftover. They said they have some stuff left but didn't say what, so I messaged the guy and will find out soon.

It really is a shame that cheap Chinese labor that produces shoddy products like Smittybilt can run out the best American companies such as OR-Fab.

Reactions: Chris
It really is a shame that cheap Chinese labor that produces shoddy products like Smittybilt can run out the best American companies such as OR-Fab.

I agree, it is a damn shame.

In a way, a lot of us are to blame. We keep wanting better deals and cheaper prices, and that's simply not possible with American labor.

I'm not saying it's you or me (I ALWAYS buy American when I can, regardless of price). However, I would say that 95% of all Wrangler owners are more than content buying Smittybilt and other cheaply made Chinese knock-offs.

I agree, it is a damn shame.

In a way, a lot of us are to blame. We keep wanting better deals and cheaper prices, and that's simply not possible with American labor.

I'm not saying it's you or me (I ALWAYS buy American when I can, regardless of price). However, I would say that 95% of all Wrangler owners are more than content buying Smittybilt and other cheaply made Chinese knock-offs.

Yep, before I knew any better such as when I first bought my Jeep, I bought whatever was cheapest usually. Dumb decision.

Now I'm one of the guys sporting a Smittybilt bumper and tire carrier that I can't wait to get rid of. I knew I messed up on day one after installation when I opened the carrier to swing it out and realized that since it's a bearing-less design, it takes some brute force and squeals like a pig every time I open it.

Definitely won't ever make that mistake of a purchase ever again. I don't touch Smittybilt or any other Chinese crap anymore and I've ended up in some Internet arguments trying to warn people to stay away, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
I agree! You get what you pay for and then some. The Smittybilt crap is made from poor quality pop can metal that rusts out in no time. It's just an absolute joke.

Their website now says that they are reorganizing and will reopen soon, which at least as of a couple of days ago it didn't say.

I had just ordered a Swing Away tire carrier for my TJ when this happened, so it was backordered and then cancelled in light of the company closing. I really hope to fine one so I hope they're back up and running soon.

Does anyone make one like it, that carriers Jeep cans et al?

Reactions: JP13 and Chris
I'm reviving this thread for some good news...I just somehow got wishful for a second and was looking for OR-Fab tire carriers. Ended up on their website, which now says "OR-Fab is currently reorganizing and will be reopening very soon." YES!

Reactions: JP13
I'm reviving this thread for some good news...I just somehow got wishful for a second and was looking for OR-Fab tire carriers. Ended up on their website, which now says "OR-Fab is currently reorganizing and will be reopening very soon." YES!

Hopefully they'll continue their tj products.