Overdrive switch light

Pull the switch out then unscrew the little white deal on top and find a new tiny little bulb to put back into it. An auto parts store might have a new one.

switch.jpg

Reactions: Steel City 06
Reviving an old thread, but the other day I noticed the small, indicator light is out on when I push the O/D switch. @pagrey , is this the same light under the white cap or is that just the one that illuminates the O/D Off lettering when the headlights are on? And is the indicator light replaceable or will I need to find another switch? Thanks in advance...

Reviving an old thread, but the other day I noticed the small, indicator light is out on when I push the O/D switch. @pagrey , is this the same light under the white cap or is that just the one that illuminates the O/D Off lettering when the headlights are on? And is the indicator light replaceable or will I need to find another switch? Thanks in advance...
There are two bulbs and if you are careful they can both be replaced. I'm pretty sure the one on top that is easy to get to is the O/D light and the back light is the tricky one. No idea what the bulb is, I replaced mine with a surface mount LED and resistor I hacked into the plastic bulb mount.

Now that I think about it mine was pretty corroded, you might pull it and make sure the filament is actually blown.

bulb.jpg

I think this is it, if you can't find a new one you can unwind the wires and pull the bulb and just stick another low power grain of wheat bulb in there.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm hoping it just needs to be cleaned up. It had flickered once or twice before it stopped working. I'll let you know what I find.

Reactions: pagrey
Now that I think about it mine was pretty corroded, you might pull it and make sure the filament is actually blown.

View attachment 313847

I think this is it, if you can't find a new one you can unwind the wires and pull the bulb and just stick another low power grain of wheat bulb in there.
Well it took me a month to get to it, but I finally pulled this out. After carefully removing the white light socket, I used a safety pin to unravel the two wire leads (this reminded me of Christmas mini light sets). The bulb did not appear burnt in any way so I attached the leads to + and - 12v power. No luck. I remember my dad saying, "give it a whack or two" for just about anything that wasn't working. Gave two finger flicks and BAM! Light works again. I reinstalled the light into the socket then back in the switch. I tested it each time I moved it around. This was a fairly easy fix. I'm hoping the next trail run doesn't jar anything loose but for now, seems to be working every time I test it!!!! Thanks @pagrey for the guidance.