Paint or Line-X

Suss

The hardtop on my 06 LJ is pealing paint. Should I just get it repainted or go with something like Line-X? I’m not sure if the Line-X weight would be an issue but I guess it could add 50 pounds? If that’s the case, I’d likely just get it repainted.

AE82EF4D-F43D-422A-85D0-8E61D319ED06.jpeg

If it were mine I would prep it and Raptor Line it. Much cheaper than LineX and will last a very long time. You can easily do it yourself. I have used it several times and it’s an excellent product. Spray nozzle distance from the part and different air pressures will give you different textures. Read up on it and decide what’s best for you. Prep is going to be key no matter what refinishing product you end up going with...

I’ve had really good luck with monstaliner on a couple of vehicles. Here my fender flares and sliders are painted with monstaliner and my hardtop is the normal factory dark khaki. Monstaliner has color tints you can purchase and I used a mixture of their “dirtbag” and “charcoal” tints to achieve this color. I actually wanted it a lot darker but it turns out that colors look a lot different in the sun vs under shop lights. I also recommend using an ultra fine foam roller vs the super textured rollers that come with their kits.
C5F52916-B725-4EB3-A6B0-05337CD953FD.jpeg