Parking brake light question

Imposter71

Question: with my LJ running should I have power to the single wire attached to the switch located inside the center console at the parking brake lever? Is there a fuse for this and if so where?

Background: 06 LJ, manual, basically stock. When I got it of course it needed a little attention. No parking brake or light when brake was set. Fixed no brake issue(shoes). I want the light to work when the brake is set. Dash light comes on when I go to start the jeep so I figure it is not the bulb. Have the console out anyway so checking there next. Not near the jeep now but was near a computer so thought I would ask here for troubleshooting tips and save myself time later.

Any info/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Question: with my LJ running should I have power to the single wire attached to the switch located inside the center console at the parking brake lever? Is there a fuse for this and if so where?

Background: 06 LJ, manual, basically stock. When I got it of course it needed a little attention. No parking brake or light when brake was set. Fixed no brake issue(shoes). I want the light to work when the brake is set. Dash light comes on when I go to start the jeep so I figure it is not the bulb. Have the console out anyway so checking there next. Not near the jeep now but was near a computer so thought I would ask here for troubleshooting tips and save myself time later.

Any info/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, it should have 12v. Make sure switch grounds when lever is up. Ground the wire and see if light comes on.
The bulb check when starting indicates fuse is good. Power runs through sensor/switch in master cylinder so check both wires there for power also.

Thanks for the info. I will check those wires for power. Could easily be a grounding issue, my jeep has a lot of surface rust.......

cjamma - my shoes were completely worn out when I got it. Changed them and it was fine.

image.jpeg
Don't seem to have power at the wire by the lever. Is this the switch at the master cyl that should be powered? Pulled it off and nothing here either.

Reseated the connector, grounded the wire at the handle, light comes on. Looks like it may just be bad ground at the lever assembly, It is pretty crusty. Will pull and clean, let you all know the results.