Pavement Ends by Bestop soft top question

Mikester86

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 U
Supporting Member
The rear window on the soft top has 2 zippers. One on each side that when closed, is zipped from the top to bottom. There is no top zipper, so how do I remove the window? I am not 100% sure how to remove the top either.
If someone has experience with this top or can even link to instructions of some kind I will really appreciate it.

399DBB99-005B-45F9-99E7-5AC6A19A435E.jpeg

Zip one all of the way down to the other. Usually, the passenger side zips all of the way to where the driver's side starts. Then pull it separate like a normal zipper.

It's alway a joy to hold the window while trying to zip it back into place, when it's time to put it back on. It's helps to have three hands.

Reactions: Mikester86
Zip one all of the way down to the other. Usually, the passenger side zips all of the way to where the driver's side starts. Then pull it separate like a normal zipper.

It's alway a joy to hold the window while trying to zip it back into place, when it's time to put it back on. It's helps to have three hands.
Thank you. I will have to give it a go!

Just put one on a couple weeks ago. Both pulls all the way to drivers side bottom corner should do it.

Just put one on a couple weeks ago. Both pulls all the way to drivers side bottom corner should do it.
I’ll have to double check. At first glance, the driver side unzips up and comes completely off. This passenger side, looks like it unzips up also, but ends there. I didn’t see a zipper going across the top from passenger side to driver’ s side. There must be though, or else it would not be removable unless their is a top header or something that slides out.

If the top is a regular type soft top, and not the fastback type (with no frame), these instructions will work for installing/removing your soft top:

Just ignore the references about the sunrider feature.

The zipper goes all the way around, it's just tucked up under a flap. Those zippers can be tough to get around the corners.

The zipper goes all the way around, it's just tucked up under a flap. Those zippers can be tough to get around the corners.
Thank you all, I’ll investigate further as soon as possible.

the driver side unzips up and ...passenger side, looks like it unzips up also,

Yes this is a correct observation. By being able to zip both up allows you to put both zippers at the top and roll the window up instead of removing it. As suggested leave the left side down and unzip the right all the way over and it should come out.

Reactions: TheGanzman
It should just slide off the same way the trektop does.

I would buy earplugs if you plan on driving it on the highway....

The CJ5 rear window wasn't removable back then. Based on the side zipper ends at the top, yours looks pretty much the same but I guess I'm also seeing some velcro up there. My CJ was long before velcro was available on the streets. What's that velcro holding onto? I tried looking up instructions for this top but the only stuff I found about the Pavement Ends tops don't show too much detail regarding the rear window.

Undo the straps holding the top to the tub and lift up on the top to create some slack. The Zippers will completely separate and then you should be able to slide the back window off to either side. Thats the same way my TrekTop NX is.

Pavement Ends is just a top imported from China by Bestop solely to compete price-wise with low-end vendors like Smittybilt. It's little things like the above that make that top far less desirable than Bestop's Bestop branded tops.