Perfect tire size at 81 mph

I’m not doing 60 on Texas Highways, you’re the danger when you do that, and the posted speed is 75 or 80 (or 85 like the 130 tollway).

My TJ has no issue at all at that speed, and it’s as well maintained as any car I’ve owned.

I’m not sure why anyone with a well maintained Jeep would think spontaneous DW would show. F150’s have as much DW issue as any vehicle.

From what I've come to understand DW mainly occurs with cheap, improper or worn out lift components. I've never heard of DW from a stock Wrangler.

Truth! I cringe when I see guys on here bragging how they can "comfortably cruise at 85 with one finger on the wheel". That's great if you're TJ handles well (for a TJ), but it doesn't make it a Porsche.

...there is nothing inherently wrong with cruising in a TJ at those speeds if it's set up properly.

Agreed. I just drove to PHX and back doing 75-85 mph utilizing Blaine's suspension & steering work in combination with boost. That's more like Accord and Camry level speeds (and every other vehicle driving the I-10).

With that said, a critique advising folks "not to go faster than their rig can handle" is a much different and more reasonable statement that most would probably agree with. No need to knock a built rig for doing what it's built to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: L J and nitrofalcon
From what I've come to understand DW mainly occurs with cheap, improper or worn out lift components. I've never heard of DW from a stock Wrangler.

Then you haven’t heard everything, because there’s a prominent member whose proper LJ did get DW.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
...though cornering at 80 can pucker the sphincter a bit...
20240429_012255.jpg

:LOL:

Reactions: The06LJ
Good points.

I learned English from a book!!!🤣

Same here. I needed it when I moved from CT to Va. :unsure:

Southern.jpg

Ahce: Solidified liquid that is best employed in the cooling of mint juleps and aged bourbon. "This dry ink (drink) needs more ahce in it."

Ahdin: I didn't. "Ahdin know the gun was loaded, Judge."

Ahmoan: An expression of intent. "Ahmoan have a little drink. You want one?"

Ahr: What we breathe, also a unit of time made up of 60 minutes. "They should've been here about an ahr ago."

I had it. 46,000 miles, all stock components. Hit a pothole and you'd almost break your wrist. 100% stock Rubicon.

Adding 4" of lift and 35s with proper hardware solved it. Also once you hit about 92 mph or so, it rides smooth as glass.