Picked up an 04 TJ today!

Welcome to the forum! You definitely have a nice and clean slate to start with. Be careful hanging around here too often. There is a tendency to spend other's money :D

Reactions: jmaness01
Welcome to the forum! You definitely have a nice and clean slate to start with. Be careful hanging around here too often. There is a tendency to spend other's money :D
I'm starting to have issues not spending money. All the small mods cost just enough that my brain says get them all but I know I shouldn't piss off the wife just yet.

Reactions: Rob5589
Ran into my first issue. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain in my ass but I noticed today that the place that my no doors mirror should mount has a stripped screw in it. I'm not sure how bad it is but I guess I'll be purchasing some PB blaster and an impact screwdriver tomorrow. Already ordered replacement screws. I just really hope I can get a torx bit to bite it enough to take it out so I can throw it in the trash. I'm sure there is a thread for this already but I couldn't find it. Side note: milk jugs will be coming off when my mirror comes in.

I haven't really had a chance to look it over enough to see all the goodies but its silver, has mud tires, a light bar across the hood, and a snorkel. I'm excited to see what the future holds for my TJ! Pictures soon, maybe.
Excellent! It's a journey unlike any other. Enjoy the ride!
Congratulations!

Yes, prevent them from stripping out the next time by heating the bolt enough to melt the Loctite preventing it from being loosened/removed. Insert a hot soldering iron into the torx bolt's recess or insert the torx bit and use a torch to heat the torx bit to heat the bolt.

Can't say how to remove the bolt without knowing its position. Heating it would help no matter what.

Reactions: JMT
Yes, prevent them from stripping out the next time by heating the bolt enough to melt the Loctite preventing it from being loosened/removed. Insert a hot soldering iron into the torx bolt's recess or insert the torx bit and use a torch to heat the torx bit to heat the bolt.

Can't say how to remove the bolt without knowing its position. Heating it would help no matter what.
It wasn't me, I promise! I wouldn't have let it happen. I will take my torch to it when the new bolts come in. I don't even want to touch it until I have something better to put in its place. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Ordered my first thing! Rugged Ridge Rectangular Stubby Trail Mirror. I can't wait to ride with the doors off! Sorry, had to tell someone...
Hopefully you'll be saying this kind of thing a lot more. At least it's fun. I was sitting on the couch today listing the sequence of mods for next year! I ended up with several different sequences. Then I asked, "What is my priority? What are the essentials?" Then I chose the best list! First up, Super 35 with Detroit Locker

Hopefully you'll be saying this kind of thing a lot more. At least it's fun. I was sitting on the couch today listing the sequence of mods for next year! I ended up with several different sequences. Then I asked, "What is my priority? What are the essentials?" Then I chose the best list! First up, Super 35 with Detroit Locker
The only thing slowing me down is that my wife and I are saving for a house but there is so much I want to do to this Jeep. Front and rear bumpers, a new top, lift and tires, sway bar quick disconnects, winch, on board air eventually, the list just goes on and on. I'm just glad I have something worth modding.

The only thing slowing me down is that my wife and I are saving for a house but there is so much I want to do to this Jeep. Front and rear bumpers, a new top, lift and tires, sway bar quick disconnects, winch, on board air eventually, the list just goes on and on. I'm just glad I have something worth modding.
Life's to short to drive boring vehicles! Just Empty Every Pocket. Good luck saving for a house!

Life's to short to drive boring vehicles! Just Empty Every Pocket. Good luck saving for a house!
Thanks! I had a 08 colorado base model before (2wd) and I had got to the point that I was going to lift it and decided it would be dumb to have a lifted 2wd truck. So....WRANGLER time!!! With that 4.0 manual trans, shes so much fun to drive!

Thanks! I had a 08 colorado base model before (2wd) and I had got to the point that I was going to lift it and decided it would be dumb to have a lifted 2wd truck. So....WRANGLER time!!! With that 4.0 manual trans, shes so much fun to drive!
The 4.0 is the original reason I bought a TJ. I had a 2005 F250 with the 5.4 Triton. That thing had so many problems I couldn't wait to get rid of it. It took me one month to sell, and in that time the battery died and the AC went out. I wanted a vehicle that would run forever. The 4.0 is that engine. If you maintain her she'll run 500,000. I've got the 6-speed. They are fun, and the 1st gear in the 3.73 gears is so low she just crawls when I get off-road. A blast...Turning radius is awesome. I can fit anywhere.

The 4.0 is the original reason I bought a TJ. I had a 2005 F250 with the 5.4 Triton. That thing had so many problems I couldn't wait to get rid of it. It took me one month to sell, and in that time the battery died and the AC went out. I wanted a vehicle that would run forever. The 4.0 is that engine. If you maintain her she'll run 500,000. I've got the 6-speed. They are fun, and the 1st gear in the 3.73 gears is so low she just crawls when I get off-road. A blast...Turning radius is awesome. I can fit anywhere.
Wish mine was a 6 speed but she does good. I like that in 4 low if I let the clutch out, she just barely creeps. I'll know what to do if I start hitting any steep hills or rocks. I agree on the turning radius, could turn around a dime almost lmao!

I'm starting to have issues not spending money. All the small mods cost just enough that my brain says get them all but I know I shouldn't piss off the wife just yet.
Ordered white leds for the instrument cluster and hvac controls. Thats a mod I didn't know I wanted until I saw it on youtube. I'm gonna mess around and blow my whole check!