Pigtail for turn signal component

jeep97tj

Hi! My turn signal stopped working and I discovered that this switch was corroded and burned out. It was actually sparking! I cut it out and taped up the ends for now. I'm looking for a replacement. I've attached a picture of what I need. It's the smaller 4 wire plug that goes into the turn signal component. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or what part number it is? Thank you

20200804_112046.jpg

20200804_112107.jpg

I had to replace the plug and receptacle a few months ago myself, I was able to get both at my local NAPA. They had them in stock which really surprised me.

Reactions: pagrey
I was able to get to the junk yard today. I found a late 90s Cherokee with the same turn signal switch as my 97 wrangler. I cut out the plug I need; it fits my switch perfectly (it should, it's the same switch!).

The only difference is one of the connects has 2 wires coming out of it whereas all the connects on my original have only 1 wire.

Anyone have thoughts on this one? Should I connect the two wires to the one in the harness? Or just pick one wire? I figured I'd experiment but I'd be interested in anyone's advice on this.

Thank you.

I was able to get to the junk yard today. I found a late 90s Cherokee with the same turn signal switch as my 97 wrangler. I cut out the plug I need; it fits my switch perfectly (it should, it's the same switch!).

The only difference is one of the connects has 2 wires coming out of it whereas all the connects on my original have only 1 wire.

Anyone have thoughts on this one? Should I connect the two wires to the one in the harness? Or just pick one wire? I figured I'd experiment but I'd be interested in anyone's advice on this.

Thank you.
Are the 2 wires that you're talking about the same color? If so I would just cut one of the wires as close to the connector as possible without damaging the remaining wire and then get some liquid electrical tape and cover any part of the wire you just cut that is left.

A picture of the new to you connector would have made it easier to help you.