Piston wrist pins

Bkspear

TJ Enthusiast
I am replacing my pistons and pressed the wrist pins into the rods. I am reusing the rods but have new pistons and pins. The rods on the pins seem very tight compared to the old original ones. Any suggestions?

Pic of piston and pin.

15C9B472-18DD-4B73-9904-3DC27AC13E5A.jpeg

Make sure you lube it and run it. If a new one isn't tight compared to an old one there ain't much point. Feel is a bit subjective so I don't know how much you're going to learn.

Make sure you lube it and run it. If a new one isn't tight compared to an old one there ain't much point. Feel is a bit subjective so I don't know how much you're going to learn.
I am saying I think the new ones are too tight. The piston does not have any play on the rod.

I know that my machinist uses heat to install those press fit rods. Other methods can distort the material on the inside or outside of the piston. It's a bit hard to tell in the pic, but the inside of the piston looks a little squished in the upper right hand corner of the pin. Probably from the rod pressing against it when it was being installed. If the metal in that spot got mushed a bit it would close that inside pin bore a bit and make the movement stiff.