Pizza Cutters

I dig 'em, but $335 each? That's nearly $100 more per tire than a BFG 33x10.5. That's going to be a bit of a tough sale. I am looking forward to hearing more about them.
Lets wait till they hit online distributers, at that price they surely will not move much.

However, i have stopped looking at tire prices for some time now. It is a 1 in 5 years investment, i be seeing people pulling their hair out between brands because of a $50 difference, and i simply cant comprehend that shit.
If someone cant figure out how to make up $50-$100/tire difference in 5 years, they need to take a financial management class. I know for a fact that every month i spend way more $ on starbucks and stupid snack at gastations.

Last edited:
I had a Series Landrover habit for years. They invented cookie cutter tires with their 7.50/16 or 235/85/16 tires. Really liked the look and it was way easier to see over a skinny tire with the hood mounted spare. Finally got over my mid life crisis and sold my Honda Civic SI when the LJ turned up. Have been planning the build on the truck but it's always been with a narrower than 10.5" tire and 32" or larger diameter.

I'm a month or so away from buying tires but had pretty much decided on 255/75/17 size because of the 10" width and 32" diameter. They turn up frequently with Firestone MT tires on black rims from Willys JL takeoffs. The 17" rims will need an adapter but are true 32" diameter in a 'C' load rating so should ride better than 'D' or 'E' rated tires. If I don't go with Willys take offs thinking the JK Moab rims would look more like the original Rubicon. Good thing about the 255/75/17 is there is a good selection of tires in various tread patterns from a bunch of manufacturers.

Have thought about 16" tires but they all seem to be 'E' rated as I really like the look of the 16" Moab rims. Was ready to spring for a set of 16" Moab rims that showed up on Oahu but someone beat me to it. Need to find out if it's cost feasible to ship tires/wheels Inter Island. The 16" Moabs look better than the 17" variety probably because the originals appear to have a greater back spacing.

Now the Kenda's show up in 9.5" width on stock rims which would make things way easier if I could find them on the Big Island. Knew they made tires in 35"/10.5"/17 but now see they have 235/80/17 that are 32" tires which is what I'm looking for. Kenda's have been sold by Walmart with prices well under $200 for 35" when first introduced but the pricing fluctuated wildly and may be permanently above $200 now. Haven't found much on how the tires work on a Jeep and definitely not on TJU. The Government on Taiwan is the old Nationalist Party that lost out to that nice little teddy bear Mao. Wonder if the Made in China is them giving an 'up yours' to the People's Republic as they still consider themselves the legal government of China.

Peter O.
2005 TJU very stock.

Reactions: wes11b10
Yes, super grippy but loud as hell. The indian built tires are softer than the old American ones.
I remember when I could get 4 P or Q 78 bias ply buckshots for $400.00 and Radial for $500.00 when I found they were building them again I couldn't believe the price......... maybe cause the last time I bought new ones was in the early 90's :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Squatch
I’m looking to grab some new steelies to put snow tires on, I’m looking at 215/85r16s on a 6.5” wheel with 5.37” backspacing. Is that too much backspacing? I’m not thinking that it would have clearance issues.

I remember when I could get 4 P or Q 78 bias ply buckshots for $400.00 and Radial for $500.00 when I found they were building them again I couldn't believe the price......... maybe cause the last time I bought new ones was in the early 90's :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I remember in 1987 wanting Q 78-15 Mudders for our 74 K-5 Blazer , 10.00 X 36 -15 of loud ass goodness.
We saved our cash and the morning we were going to get the tires we received the news we were going to be unplaned
parents for the first time ! We freaked out and didn't buy the tires ! :ROFLMAO:

I remember in 1987 wanting Q 78-15 Mudders for our 74 K-5 Blazer , 10.00 X 36 -15 of loud ass goodness.
We saved our cash and the morning we were going to get the tires we received the news we were going to be unplaned
parents for the first time ! We freaked out and didn't buy the tires ! :ROFLMAO:
Man I ran them on 3 of my CJ's, put a 4" lift on and Q78 Buckshots and you could go just about anywhere!!!

Reactions: ColoJeep
I committed to buying an '84 Harley Electra Glide Classic from my buddy. Was supposed to head to the bank to withdraw the money after my wife's doctor appointment. Well, that afternoon we discovered why she'd been feeling so poorly that past couple of weeks. Yep..."in the family way"!!! ;) My buddy was really cool about understanding my decision to back out of the deal. Priorities, right, @ColoJeep?

You want skinnies ? I'll show you skinnies ! (6.50x22 on the Buick, 30x3 1/2 on the Chevy).

IMG_1214.JPG

1921 Chevrolet Roadster Pickup 005.JPG

Priorities, right, @ColoJeep?
Couldn't have said it better myself Squatch ! I will say God has been Good to us and we now have 2 great grown married daughters !
Now a days I wheel and DD on 235-85-R16 Duratracs :ROFLMAO:.
I am glad to hear about other folks that faced similar situations ! , ( and made the correct choice IMO ;) ).

Makes me more gladder that I am not a breeder every day and reading this just confirms it again… and again
Funny stuff, brother! Remember, us "breeders" have been where you are, so we can make the comparison with some background. For your part, however, you've not experienced what we have, and so we find ourselves thinking "You don't know what you're missing." ;)

*This is very much a "tongue in cheek" response, man. No offense or judgement intended, I assure you! :)