TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Michigan Planning a trip to Gladwin

Jackman

TJ Enthusiast
I’m trying to plan a trip to gladwin this Saturday. Checking out the sterling truck trail and such.. anyone else interested?

03coloradowrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
missed this post, i was out of state. would have been interested. ive not come across anything too technical up that way & i dont like mud lol. it is very sandy and dusty though.

The ORV route from West Branch to Leota is pretty nice and casual. believe i heard the sterling truck trail had been closed but ive got no backup for a source of information other than coming across the report online at some point.

matkal

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
It was open earlier, say a month ago and that is where the op went.
We should try to plan something for the (near?) future.

03coloradowrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I may have read old postings at the time i come across it. seem to remember a township supervisor not into orv/quads and closed it down but not too sure.

id be game for a day trip to Drummond or something on a weekend at some point if its dry weather. kinda 4wd low driving or 1-2 gear idling on the trails primarily and not mucky unless you veer off on something nasty in the woods. my work schedule is really screwy so i really only get around a week of advance whether or not ill be working standby for weekends though.

OP
Jackman

Jackman

TJ Enthusiast
I may have read old postings at the time i come across it. seem to remember a township supervisor not into orv/quads and closed it down but not too sure.

id be game for a day trip to Drummond or something on a weekend at some point if its dry weather. kinda 4wd low driving or 1-2 gear idling on the trails primarily and not mucky unless you veer off on something nasty in the woods. my work schedule is really screwy so i really only get around a week of advance whether or not ill be working standby for weekends though.
The trail is in fact open. I didn’t hit any of the side trails as the wife was ready to head back home and we were solo.
it was quite dry and dusty. Only found a small puddle at the west end near wildwood dr.
Drummond sounds like fun.. I don’t think I can get the wife to cross the bridge or even get on the ferry though.

• Sad
Reactions: 03coloradowrangler

matkal

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Drummond is definitely on my bucket list but I want to hit some closer stuff first. I do like the low and slow stuff as well. I would want to do a long weekend in the UP at some point, a day on Drummond and the Huron Mtns.

ballpark

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Drummond is definitely on my bucket list but I want to hit some closer stuff first. I do like the low and slow stuff as well. I would want to do a long weekend in the UP at some point, a day on Drummond and the Huron Mtns.
Can you jeep in the Huron Mountains? Do you have any info on this? Thankyou

Mike_H

Going my own way
Supporting Member
Hit up rocks and valleys in Clair. Fun park. Drummond is also a riot.