Planning to run 33's, looking for advice

OP, was there anything wrong with the Jeep? Those look like insurance auction stickers and windshield markings, but there's no damage evident. I'm always leery of the non-totaled vehicles, like, "why would someone sell that vehicle at insurance auction?" There are probably valid reasons, but they always escape me.

OP, was there anything wrong with the Jeep? Those look like insurance auction stickers and windshield markings, but there's no damage evident. I'm always leery of the non-totaled vehicles, like, "why would someone sell that vehicle at insurance auction?" There are probably valid reasons, but they always escape me.
Good eye. I bought it at an insurance auction. It was rear-ended.
I replaced the tub corner and put a tread plate corner guard over it.
It will need a rear bumper at some point too.
My guess is they totaled it due to age and mileage (150k).

Nice, those are the best ones: damage that's easy to gauge and relatively easy to fix. It looks like you have some good repair skills.

A buddy was just telling me, on a vehicle like TJs with a metal bumper attached straight to the frame, the bumper is actually considered part of the frame. So, if the bumper is damaged, insurance considers the frame damaged and lumps it into a more severe classification. That can explain it being totaled when it doesn't seem like the repair cost should be high enough to meet the 70% threshold. If true, consider that today's pro tip for where to seek out Jeep values!

Reactions: BShephard