Plasti dip wheels

So, I Plasti-Dipped the Canyons I used to run. Was easy and looked good afterwards. It literally lasted one wheeling trip before it was peeling. Even with my OCD prep, as soon as there was a breach in the Dip, it started to peel right off. It also stains with mud and is a bitch to clean off. If you had no plans to off road or hit nasty, muddy roads, I would say go for it. Your best bet is good prep and some Rustoleum.
Maybe they have improved their product line since I used it last. Reading some newer reviews seem as though they have made vast improvements. The sun and elements killed my plasti dip. Plasti dip is a very cheap way to “paint” something. I pulled the bezels I plasti dipped and just had them painted at a body shop and came out with a professional appearance I could be proud of.

So guys, if he decides to plasti-dip his wheels, should he remove his outer wheel weights, first? I see that he has 'em. I'd have concerns about plasti-dipping something that is a separate part from the actual rim, as there is a gap between the wheel weight and the rim, even if minimal. This could create a place for peeling to start. Conversely, if he removes the weights first, he'll almost surely scrape the plasti-dip reinstalling them, and create a place for the peeling to begin. (*If you do remove the wheel weights, be sure and mark exactly which ones went where so you can reinstall them without messing up your tire's balance.)

After reading everything where has the best deals on pro comp wheels. I'm wanting the street locks in a 15x8. I'm going to get new wheels and sell my old ones
f18f0afd665c4da0299eeb894f25318d.png

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TJ2 and Squatch
So guys, if he decides to plasti-dip his wheels, should he remove his outer wheel weights, first? I see that he has 'em. I'd have concerns about plasti-dipping something that is a separate part from the actual rim, as there is a gap between the wheel weight and the rim, even if minimal. This could create a place for peeling to start. Conversely, if he removes the weights first, he'll almost surely scrape the plasti-dip reinstalling them, and create a place for the peeling to begin. (*If you do remove the wheel weights, be sure and mark exactly which ones went where so you can reinstall them without messing up your tire's balance.)
With them on there will be some gaps and a point to start peeling. Take them off and the Dip will start to peel when you put them back on.