Plastic protection for KC fog light covers

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have new plastic covers for my KC lights.

Would a clear product , like 2x clear , with adhesion promoter, preserve the lettering ,etc.

Bugs hammer them.

Or would it flake ?

First world problem.

You are overthinking protecting the light's protection. Its a disposable wear item :) But, I suppose you could use a UV plastic protectant like 303 to prevent sun damage or clear bra to protect from chips.

Why not just put Lamin-X on them? That's what I always do with new lights.

Reactions: AndyG
Will check that out ..bugs pelt the smiley s so bad . I'm losing sleep .
Lamin-X will protect the the lenses from even large rocks. IMHO, there's no better headlight protection out there.

You could also use a good PPF (paint protection film) as well. Both of those would ensure the plastic stays new forever.

Cool... I'm being so stupid I'm trying to protect the covers that protect the lenses. You talk about people that don't have anything better to do...

• Haha
Reactions: glwood and Chris
Cool... I'm being so stupid I'm trying to protect the covers that protect the lenses. You talk about people that don't have anything better to do...
It's pretty obvious when a guy has solved most of the problems on his rig... He's like a dog gnawing on a bone he just can't stop.

there could be like three or four supermodels standing in front of it and most of us would go , hey , I think my winch needs respooled or something , move ladies.

Last edited:
On further thought maybe I should just get a big plexiglass bubble to go over the whole thing.

Reactions: glwood
Peal and stick plastic lamination sheets from your local office supply store are great at protecting flat lenses like those.

Reactions: AndyG
Dam @Andy G .. you were trying to protect the protectors?.. going from the house to the barn isn’t going to damage the covers that much😂😂