poison spyder turn signal help

N_CARRERA_

TJ Enthusiast
I installed my poison spyder fenders and lost my turn signals I bought the 3 wire led lights they sell and the three wires need ground , 100 percent power and 50 percent I have a 2002 tj and im having a hard time figuring out which is which I know the brown is a ground but which wire is 100 percent hot and which one is 50 percent hot the plain black wire or the black wire with a yellow stripe ?

With 3-wire LEDs the wire colors/functions can change between manufacturers. I always use a 9-volt battery to test them to be sure before I proceed cutting, crimping and heat shrinking…

I first install an LED flasher relay…

With the 3-wire LEDs I use from Amazon I wire them up like this:

Black = Negative
Red = High brightness
White = Low brightness

I have two 3-wire LEDs on each corner in the front. One forward facing and one side facing…

I put a ring terminal on each of the LED’s black negative wires and attach them both to the grille at the same screw the forward light harness uses as a ground. located above the rear of the headlight on each side of the grille…

I put both white wires (low brightness function) of the LEDS together and attach them to the black wire w/yellow tracer from the forward light harness. The wire color is the same on both sides of the Jeep. This allows the lights to come on with the headlight switch. Both lights, on each corner, will then function as a marker/running light…

Then I put both red wires (high brightness function) of the LEDS together and attach them to the turn signal wire from the forward light harness. Right side of the Jeep is a tan wire and the left side is a grey wire I believe. Both lights, on each corner, will then function as a turn signal…

Wiring them this way will cause both lights on the same corner to function the same way at the exact same time. Both light up the same. Both blink at the same time. It’s just a simple way to get them working and legal for the street…

Just figure out your 3-wire LED’s colors/functions and follow the above outline to get it working…

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob and NashvilleTJ
I installed my poison spyder fenders and lost my turn signals I bought the 3 wire led lights they sell and the three wires need ground , 100 percent power and 50 percent I have a 2002 tj and im having a hard time figuring out which is which I know the brown is a ground but which wire is 100 percent hot and which one is 50 percent hot the plain black wire or the black wire with a yellow stripe ?
Your poison spyder 3-wire LEDS use the same wiring colors/functions as the ones I use from Amazon. The instructions I wrote out in my last post will work perfectly…

554ED8DC-130C-43CF-AD71-FDF9A910BB9E.jpeg

Reactions: CharlesHS