Possible handle replacements for my 2001 jeep TJ

FoxyPotato

hello! I'm newer to the jeep community and purchased a 2001 jeep wrangler standard shift a few months ago, I've been fixing it up and am finally getting to the point that I can start worrying about smaller details. I'm not personally a huge fan of the latch like handles on the exterior of the doors, and have been trying to find a way to replace them with the handles like that of a JK wrangler with the bar and the button, I've searched through older posts on people asking this same question but most of them are a bit older and never came up with a solid solution. I'm wondering if anyone knows of an after market door manufacturer that possibly makes TJ doors with JK handles, or if this is something I would have to grit my teeth through and weld up some custom stuff to get this to work. If anyone has any possible ideas to make this a reality for me then you would make my year.

Leave them alone. If you fab up JK handles, you'll have to start lining your dash with ducks and picking up the neighbor's kids from soccer practice.:rolleyes:
1714649469978.png

Last edited:
In the how to section here there is a guide to swapping the handles from one side to the other. I’ve only had my LJ two weeks but those handles sure feel backwards to me.

In the how to section here there is a guide to swapping the handles from one side to the other. I’ve only had my LJ two weeks but those handles sure feel backwards to me.

It will all be over soon. There’s a reason. You’ll adapt.

hello! I'm newer to the jeep community and purchased a 2001 jeep wrangler standard shift a few months ago, I've been fixing it up and am finally getting to the point that I can start worrying about smaller details. I'm not personally a huge fan of the latch like handles on the exterior of the doors, and have been trying to find a way to replace them with the handles like that of a JK wrangler with the bar and the button, I've searched through older posts on people asking this same question but most of them are a bit older and never came up with a solid solution. I'm wondering if anyone knows of an after market door manufacturer that possibly makes TJ doors with JK handles, or if this is something I would have to grit my teeth through and weld up some custom stuff to get this to work. If anyone has any possible ideas to make this a reality for me then you would make my year.

Just get a JK.

Well, it won't look like every other TJ, but it will look like every other SUV and minivan. ;)

Reactions: MikekiM