Post pictures of your green TJs

Bought this yesterday. 04 lj. Shale green metallic. I00k on the clock. Will go with a ome 2” lift I think. Some meatier tires with some black alloy wheels. I upgraded from a forest green Sahara 97 tj.

3D1BAADC-E3B8-4A1A-8810-D950EDFFD279.jpeg

11FAA7D7-ACFD-4592-B48C-1A864DDD70F3.jpeg

963F07EA-B37D-49C1-91CD-342DCE3E7E0D.jpeg

Bought this yesterday. 04 lj. Shale green metallic. I00k on the clock. Will go with a ome 2” lift I think. Some meatier tires with some black alloy wheels. I upgraded from a forest green Sahara 97 tj.

View attachment 81948

View attachment 81949

View attachment 81950

NICE!!!
I have the same Jeep in metallic Khaki and have the 2" OME and 33s on black 15" rims. I recommend having the white lettering showing as it makes for a sharp look.
The two of these is a good ride/height combo. I recommend re-gearing to at least 4.88s if you go to 33s.

Did you have to add spacers in rear on the OME lift to compensate for the heavier hard top? And is 4.5” backspacing too much for a 17x9 wheel?

Did you have to add spacers in rear on the OME lift to compensate for the heavier hard top? And is 4.5” backspacing too much for a 17x9 wheel?

There are no spacers in the rear or front, just straight up OME lift. According to Level 8 website the rims have -48 offset / 3.610 back spacing. They stick out perfectly on the Jeep and are also 1" wider of a rim than you have.

wow, from the appearance to the build list you've got it all, that is just a thing of extreme beauty right there. Well done man! When I steal it from you the only change I'll make is to swap in some black rims :D
Thanks very much but unfortunately it doesn't end, lol. I need to do a big brake kit from @mrblain and hydro assist steering, probably RNR. I just put the wheels on, I had black rims on for 3 years and wanted a different look. Good luck with your build

I'm so glad I found this thread!!! We just bought a '99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with only 58K miles on it...I really had my heart set on a white Jeep, but this was a great deal. I love seeing all the green Jeeps on here....

Jeep.PNG.jpg

Jeep2.PNG.jpg

Jeep3.jpg

Last edited:
I paid $5 a gal and got a case of 6ea at a military truck show... 1 case of green, 1 case of blk, and 1 case of brown... however, you can get a gal for approx $45... it will be the new environmentally friendly formula. Mine was made in 1985 and has lead in it, so dont eat it lol. I rolled mine on, so it took a full gal with 3 coats, im sure if you spray yours it will take way less. I didnt want to spray mine for a few reasons... one, the carcinogens and my lack of ventilation and two, i hate cleaning all the spray guns etc. I just throw everything away each time. The paint was made to roll on or spray... you wont get lines or bubbles. Just make sure you use some duct tape on the rollers first to pull the loose lint off... hope this helps.