Post your favorite picture of yourself

I was at Camp Hansen. I dont recall hardy.
It was on Okinawa during Vietnam. It was Special Forces training. I have the plaque from when my dad was there. After his tours in Nam he stayed there to train others. I wasn't sure if maybe lore of it stayed around Okinawa or not.

It was on Okinawa during Vietnam. It was Special Forces training. I have the plaque from when my dad was there. After his tours in Nam he stayed there to train others. I wasn't sure if maybe lore of it stayed around Okinawa or not.
I dont recall any lore. But by the early 80s there werent many vietnam vets still in. Our gunny was in vietnam. Best guy i ever worked for.

I only spent time on base, in the one town outside base and the beach. It was 6.5 miles one way. We would run to the beach and back every night.

Reactions: taylormade73
I dont recall any lore. But by the early 80s there werent many vietnam vets still in. Our gunny was in vietnam. Best guy i ever worked for.

I only spent time on base, in the one town outside base and the beach. It was 6.5 miles one way. We would run to the beach and back every night.
Here's a little on its genesis. I'll see if I can't dig out my dad's plaque.

Screenshot_20210727-214827_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210727-215016_Chrome.jpg

Here is my squad and myself in Taji, Iraq December 2019. We are in front of the PAX terminal, waiting to get on a C-130 to fly us to Kuwait, and then back home.

We had just finished 9 long, hot months of doing heavy maintenance repairs on Apache Helicopters.
This was my 4th and final deployment.

You can't tell it from my face, but at the time I was absolutely overjoyed to be getting out of there and bringing all my guys home safely.

TAJI 12-2019.jpg

Here is my squad and myself in Taji, Iraq December 2019. We are in front of the PAX terminal, waiting to get on a C-130 to fly us to Kuwait, and then back home.

We had just finished 9 long, hot months of doing heavy maintenance repairs on Apache Helicopters.
This was my 4th and final deployment.

You can't tell it from my face, but at the time I was absolutely overjoyed to be getting out of there and bringing all my guys home safely.

View attachment 267893
Lookin hard as woodpecker lips

I was there...1983 :(
Dude! My battalion was on air contingency when in okinawa for that hemisphere when the barracks were blown up. They were about to activate us. When our replacement unit landed on oki. They werent supposed to relieve us for a few months. But because they were already loaded onto planes they sent them. At the time i was very disappointed. As we were the sniper unit for our battalion. And they saw the most action on the rooftops during that operation.

What was your mos?