Pray for Oregon

16004690299801258634216.jpg

It rained up here in central WA Thursday night hard. Had lightening and thunder storm to go with it but yesterday (Saturday) we had clear skies finally. And the air quality was better also as I could go outside and you didn't choke on the smoke in the air.
Hoping that the moisture will have helped some of the fire crews and gave them some relief. Will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

It's been clear with blue skies yesterday and today in Hillsboro/Beaverton. Never been this happy to be sit in my backyard and breathe the fresh air. It's also really great to hear the birds chirping and to see the small critters out and about. A little more rain predicted later the coming week as well.

Today on my way to PDX I was able to take hwy 18 from the coast and for the first time see the devastation this fire caused in my area. 300+ houses were lost in the Echo MTN Complex fire. Entire neighborhoods were scorched right down to the foundation. Some all they had left was a driveway. Some houses were still standing as they were before the fire but with every house around them gone. 🤯

Today on my way to PDX I was able to take hwy 18 from the coast and for the first time see the devastation this fire caused in my area. 300+ houses were lost in the Echo MTN Complex fire. Entire neighborhoods were scorched right down to the foundation. Some all they had left was a driveway. Some houses were still standing as they were before the fire but with every house around them gone. 🤯

I cant even imagine...
Pennsylvania thoughts and prayers out to you real front line heroes!!!

Reactions: Rick Flair and mrjp
Why is it all the wildfires seem to happen on the west coast but not the east coast?
Another reason is shit like this:

Zeta.PNG

I'm 800 fucking miles from landfall!
We're expecting 6+" of rain and 60mph wind.

PS. Hope you guys are in better shape out west, haven't seen any updates as of late.

Another reason is shit like this:

View attachment 199399

I'm 800 fucking miles from landfall!
We're expecting 6+" of rain and 60mph wind.

PS. Hope you guys are in better shape out west, haven't seen any updates as of late.
I have a weather station on my house, we'll see what happens. I'm such a nerd. Is that an "old guy" thing?

I have a weather station on my house, we'll see what happens. I'm such a nerd. Is that an "old guy" thing?
Not at old guy thing at all! We have thousands of gauge stations in the siusalw NF that I love reading the data on 😎 I’d say caring about the weather is a maturity thing not age!

Not at old guy thing at all! We have thousands of gauge stations in the siusalw NF that I love reading the data on 😎 I’d say caring about the weather is a maturity thing not age!
My wife would argue that one, I like weather too but mature... she would say nope....old...yep. Lol