Preferred MML

wmblore

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there a preference to the 1 inch motor mount lift kit everyone is buying and using. I see the MORE bombproof, curry, savvy. All seem to run close to the same price. Is there one that’s better than the rest and why. Thanks

Is there a preference to the 1 inch motor mount lift kit everyone is buying and using. I see the MORE bombproof, curry, savvy. All seem to run close to the same price. Is there one that’s better than the rest and why. Thanks
I don't like vibes. I use the OEM mounts as much as is possible which means my lift of choice is a spacer block with longer fasteners under the OEM mount. After that, as long as it is the right thickness and doesn't cost too much, what else matters?

I have the OEM rubber style MORE bombproof. My original mounts were shot.

Do you think that these have as much absorbency as stock? I have some Browndog mounts with rubber bushings and am not impressed even after several adjustments. As "mrblaine" stated stock lift with blocks - this is how I plan to go.

Reactions: wmblore
Do you think that these have as much absorbency as stock? I have some Browndog mounts with rubber bushings and am not impressed even after several adjustments. As "mrblaine" stated stock lift with blocks - this is how I plan to go.

I'm limited to my experience on this one rig only, and in my case, my new MORE mounts reduced the vibrations over my worn out OEM mounts from 2003.

Blaine prefers to keep the OEM and raise them.

Brown Dog makes a product similar to the Mountain Off-Road mounts. If I was shopping for a MML I'd probably go the route Blaine suggested. The OEM mount seems pretty well thought out.

I run the JKS MML priced at $76 on amazon. I've had them in for 3 or 4 years and the motor hasn't fallen out yet.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TTZF52/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Do you use these with the stock motor mounts? Confirmed you do use stock mounts.
How hard was the install?
Read on the reviews where a guy had to cut and chase threads to get the factory bolts to sit flush with the extenders/
And you live in Martinez? That's my last name lol had no idea there was a city in Cali named Martinez.

Last edited:
Do you use these with the stock motor mounts? Confirmed you do use stock mounts.
How hard was the install?
Read on the reviews where a guy had to cut and chase threads to get the factory bolts to sit flush with the extenders/
And you live in Martinez? That's my last name lol had no idea there was a city in Cali named Martinez.
The install was fairly easy if you follow the steps. It does take time since you need to remove the drivers side mount but isn't complicated. I didn't have any issues with the threads on mine. I run the jks mount.

Yep I live in Martinez. Its a town about 45 min outside of San Francisco.

Reactions: 06TJ35's
The only piece of Rough Country on mine is the motor mount lift block. It has survived 80k miles without me ever having to think about it.

Reactions: JoseA and 06TJ35's