Pretty cool happening after I read a book about two Navy SEALs

Just finished this book. A great read! If you guys have other suggestions like this I'd love to hear them.
Two additional outstanding heroic military books for you @RussTJ. Did I say they were both outstanding? Let me say it one more time, outstanding. Devotion and A Higher Call, both by an incredible author named Adam Makos. Like the above SEAL book, both of these are about real events and real people.

Devotion is about two Navy F4U Corsair close air support pilots during the Korean war and events that they experienced. A Higher Call is about what led up to a WWII event where a German fighter pilot chose not to shoot down a crippled barely flying American B17 bomber and instead allowed it to fly back to England.

A Higher Call.JPG
Devotion.JPG

Two additional outstanding heroic military books for you @RussTJ. Did I say they were both outstanding? Let me say it one more time, outstanding. Devotion and A Higher Call, both by an incredible author named Adam Makos. Like the above SEAL book, both of these are about real events and real people.

Devotion is about two Navy F4U Corsair close air support pilots during the Korean war and events that they experienced. A Higher Call is about what led up to a WWII event where a German fighter pilot chose not to shoot down a crippled barely flying American B17 bomber and instead allowed it to fly back to England.

View attachment 69062View attachment 69063
Thanks @Jerry Bransford. I’ll check these out.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Thanks, Jerry. I absolutely love the stories behind our greatest soldiers. Back when I was an infantryman I would read them to remind me of my mission, and responsibilities to the guy next to me. I, fortunately/unfortunately, never was tested in using our unique skill set in combat (killing people and breaking things), but those guys did, and never lost themselves. They stuck true regardless of cost, and that's the best a young man can aspire.

I really appreciate your post, and I've already bought the book!

Have a Merry Christmas!

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Funny thing Jerry, I am a US Navy veteran and I was in boot camp with a future SEAL and EOD. The EOD passed on and now has a ship named after him. His name was Michael Monsoor. His story is awesome too. The SEAL is still current and I will not name him but he is one of the most humble men I have ever met and is a Jeeper. Mike was too. Small world we Jeepers live in and it's nice to know we have something in common with our heroes.