Problem with local shop

Something weird has been going on with Google lately. This happened to a local dealership that apparently pissed someone off. When SVG Motors Eaton Ohio was Googled about a week ago, this is what people found:
189469BB-F919-421B-9C44-E73FE6CD7F84.png

somehow the reviews were not screened either. Within a few hours, here’s what the reviews looked like.
6BF48840-E61B-44D6-91FF-AC68CB60060E.png

9673449D-CC81-42FD-91FB-E6BD18CC661F.png

305ECAC7-6310-4FEA-BBA2-FE4E13F6D866.png

63551A13-9A87-4F5B-B53B-92126E81D4A1.png

It is now fixed.
0B510640-6F7F-413D-9DCC-6A5031C4CD2A.png

What is the review process for a name change and review postings? We laughed hard for the couple days it lasted.

I say it a lot and I'm only half joking when I do, "I'm the best mechanic I know.". Like to caveat that with the fact that I don't actually KNOW everyone on this board and I may or may not have temporarily replaced a thermostatic fan switch with some 12-2 NM household cable wired to residential light switch in the cab...
Still, I don't always have the time or desire to do my own work on things like gasket replacement, flush n fill, wheel alignment, etc. I actually bought the factory service plan on my daughter's new car so I wouldn't have to do it. For my Jeep, it sees another mechanic once a year at inspection time- He always gets paid for tire rotation, oil and filter change, flush n fill for all fluids, air filter, etc. Not because I can't do those things cheaper, but because nobody makes money on inspections. So, he can do my inspection some quick general services and make enough to cover his time. While I trust him, I don't feel like paying $120 an hour for most stuff.
The dude that put that shit on your Jeep should be taken out back and beat with a 10MM box end at 1/2 hour intervals.
I've run across his kind so much that I don't trust any shop to do real work anymore.
My short response to them is still generally, "Fix it or I will cost you way more than the cost of the job." Most of them don't care. If they have a good location, they'll get plenty of business and you won't really hurt their bottom line that much. Still, I feel like I need to protect unwitting people that might go to them unaware of their shoddy and dangerous work.
Sorry for your luck. Now you know. The dudes attitude might make me make him my special mission for about 20 hours of work to get all my money back plus the wasted time. I dunno, I make pretty good money so I'd really hafta evaluate if I wanted to be a pain in his wallet bad enough to do the work.

Reactions: maxtj
It looks like Google just updated with my review. It now shows 35 reviews where before it showed 34. And they dropped a rating from 4.8 to 4.7 stars.

Edit: I'm mistaken. It's Robert's review. I still can't see mine from my phone. Really weird!

Just say the word, I'm sure more of us would be happy to add a review on your behalf. This guy needs to feel some pain.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I just deleted my review and resubmitted it with the same language and pics. So far nothing. Maybe it's being instantly flagged for some reason. I'll wait to see if it shows up. If it doesn't within a few hours I'll try something different, like less words and pics.

I still can't see yours, but I just put up a quick one of my own for kicks. See how long it lasts. Let me know if you want me to take it down.

There was a counter of sorts to your review. "Vinko K", who just posted a review, is from Croatia and a possible relative or friend of the other owner, Adriana. Adriana is from Croatia too. Unless the timing of this review and same country or origin is purely coincidental.

Last edited:
There was a counter of sorts to your review. "Vinko K", who just posted a review, is from Croatia and a possible relative or friend of the other owner, Adrianna. Adriana is from Croatia too. Unless the timing of this review and same country or origin is purely coincidental.

Ha! Pretty weak effort.

I just deleted my review and resubmitted it with the same language and pics. So far nothing. Maybe it's being instantly flagged for some reason. I'll wait to see if it shows up. If it doesn't within a few hours I'll try something different, like less words and pics.

They only let fake positive reviews be seen. Remind you of anyone else? :unsure:

Biden dollar.jpg

No matter what I tried I can't seem to leave a Google review for this shop. I also tried to leave a review for another business that I frequent and I couldn't leave a review for that business either. I just don't get it! Maybe something weird going on with my Google account.

Last edited:
No matter what I tried I can't seem to leave a Google review for this shop. I also tried to leave a review for another business that I frequent and I couldn't leave a review for that business either. I just don't get it! Maybe something weird going on with my Google account.

I'm by no means a computer expert, but maybe try clearing your browser history?

I'm by no means a computer expert, but maybe try clearing your browser history?

I've literally have played with this thing for a couple hours. I don't know what else I could try.

The shop may have flagged it as inappropriate and it may be under review. According to Google, if it is flagged it could take a few days to post if Google allows it to post.

Last edited:
I've literally have played with this thing for a couple hours. I don't know what else I could try.

The shop may have flagged it as inappropriate and it may be under review. According to Google, if it is flagged it could take a few days to post if Google allows it to post.

Maybe, but it's strange you couldn't post about the other business either.

I'd be happy to post it for you.....it would be under my name but I could say I'm posting for a friend.

I would appreciate that, however, let me see if I can get this straightened out first. It's like my whole account has been flagged. Weird!

Reactions: Rcroane
Google is till not posting my reviews. I tried to contact Google, no luck.

I filed a formal complaint today with the Better Business Bureau.

Subject: Thank you. We've received your complaint.

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Your complaint case number is 9389.
Feedback from consumers is vital to BBB. We appreciate your willingness to report this information to us. We look forward to helping you and the business work toward a resolution.
What happens next?
BBB will forward your complaint to the business for their response.
We have asked the business to reply promptly, but some disputes may take longer than others to conclude. Please be patient to ensure that your concerns are addressed. Once a response is received from the business, normally within 14 days, we will notify you via email and ask for your feedback.
What if I do not agree with the response from the business?
It is important for both parties to maintain realistic expectations and respond in a professional and courteous manner. Our goal is for you and the business to be able to work towards an amicable solution. Should this prove difficult, we may offer you and the business the opportunity to participate in mediation or binding arbitration.
What happens if a business does not respond?
BBB will make every effort to obtain a response from the business, but some businesses simply choose not to respond. BBB is not an enforcement agency, so we cannot force a business to respond. However, failure to do so may reflect on the business's BBB rating, which will be provided for future consumers. The text of your complaint may also appear on their BBB Business Profile.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: [email protected]
Important: Please do not respond directly to this email, as this email address is unmonitored. To reply, contact your local BBB at [email protected].
Notices:
  • Your complaint cannot be changed, edited or deleted once it has been submitted.
  • An exact copy of your complaint will be sent to the business.
  • Once a complaint has been closed, the text of the complaint may be posted on the Better Business Bureau's website. Please do not include any personally identifiable information. By submitting your complaint, you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business. BBB may edit your complaint to remove any personally identifiable information and/or inappropriate language, but ultimately it is your responsibility to remove this information.
  • BBB may post complaint/response text for all reportable complaints against a business on BBB's website.

Did Yelp publish your review?

Edit: Nevermind.....I can see it's there. (y) And I put a link to your Yelp review in my Google review.

Last edited:
Rcroane, they removed your Google review and also removed another negative review that was posted by another customer. Google reviews don't mean Sh^t if the business can remove legit negative reviews at will.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
Rcroane, they removed your Google review and also removed another negative review that was posted by another customer. Google reviews don't mean Sh^t if the business can remove legit negative reviews at will.

I thought the business couldn't remove Google reviews?

they sure did, and more fake reviews were added

1678295347917.png

• Face Palm
Reactions: Apparition