Product Review: Stable Seat

ScottB

TJ Enthusiast
I could not find any discussion about this product, so I thought I would give a review.

The product is called Stable Seat.

The front seats in my TJ rock back and forth about a 1/4 of an inch. This amount seems small but by the time the small movement makes it way up through the seat, the movement is very noticeable. My movement got to the point that it would rock backwards on acceleration and rock forwards on deceleration.

The problem is that the hard plastic spacers on the seat rails would break away in pieces.

The Stable Seat replaces replaces these pieces with an aftermarket product.

The kit costs about $22.00 and takes about 10 minutes to replace the OEM pieces. The seats do NOT have to be removed. You will need a 40 Torx wrench to remove two bolts on each seat.

You can see the products on two different websites as indicated below:

https://www.facebook.com/stableseat/
https://www.etsystudio.com/shop/StableSeat/

There is a video showing the installation is very simple and very exact.

You can pick from several different colors of the plastic pieces including black, blue, green, orange, red or yellow.

In summary, the kit is very well made and really works to stop the seat from rocking back and forth.

I would highly recommend this product. Well worth the money spent.

Here are some pictures:
29243837_426767261107957_6000757094127527488_n.jpg
il_fullxfull.1437856878_99aw.jpg
il_fullxfull.1485113175_pj7d.jpg
il_fullxfull.1486198297_pp7w.jpg

Pretty cool! Seems like a simple but elegant solution to a common problem! Thanks for sharing this.

I could not find any discussion about this product, so I thought I would give a review.

The product is called Stable Seat.

The front seats in my TJ rock back and forth about a 1/4 of an inch. This amount seems small but by the time the small movement makes it way up through the seat, the movement is very noticeable. My movement got to the point that it would rock backwards on acceleration and rock forwards on deceleration.

The problem is that the hard plastic spacers on the seat rails would break away in pieces.

The Stable Seat replaces replaces these pieces with an aftermarket product.

The kit costs about $22.00 and takes about 10 minutes to replace the OEM pieces. The seats do NOT have to be removed. You will need a 40 Torx wrench to remove two bolts on each seat.

You can see the products on two different websites as indicated below:

https://www.facebook.com/stableseat/
https://www.etsystudio.com/shop/StableSeat/

There is a video showing the installation is very simple and very exact.

You can pick from several different colors of the plastic pieces including black, blue, green, orange, red or yellow.

In summary, the kit is very well made and really works to stop the seat from rocking back and forth.

I would highly recommend this product. Well worth the money spent.

Here are some pictures:
View attachment 42532 View attachment 42534 View attachment 42535 View attachment 42536

Quick question, do you have the spec for a replacement t40 torx bolt? Mine is pretty stripped and would like to replace

That is a great product. I grabbed some different nylon spacers at Ace to fix my wobble. These would have been much easier. I might have to order a set just to have on hand.

I installed these new bushings and it totally fixed the rattles and squeaks that were coming from my front seats. It's a small thing but big quality of life improvement. Jay is great to work with. Highly recommend everyone buy a set, because as old as tjs are there is no way yours don't need replacing.

Reactions: RussTJ and AndyG
I’ve now had mine installed since May. They seem to be doing fantastic and cheap enough that if they do wear out in six months or so I will just replace

Do they have an Amazon link? I have no "social media" and the other link dosen't load. I have no real internet out here and a lot of things don't load up right on the phone. Constantly drops signal. Utube is a nightmare here too. Have to wait till I'm in a bigger town to get wifi.

Do they have an Amazon link? I have no "social media" and the other link dosen't load. I have no real internet out here and a lot of things don't load up right on the phone. Constantly drops signal. Utube is a nightmare here too. Have to wait till I'm in a bigger town to get wifi.
I dont have social media either. But i was able to click on the Facebook link and order anyways.

Reactions: EzPeezy