Got the Poison Spyder cage in and we're test fitting the hood today. The Duraflex high-line hood is not a perfect fit but its better than monkeying around with cutting the factory hood.

Also got the shoes put back on. So much clearance! I'm kicking myself for not going with 37's.

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dlm1450
It is certainly impressive how much you've accomplished in 46 posts. (y) I've never seen anyone go "full retard" that quick.
That's what happens when you buy all your parts at once with the intention of doing it yourself. Then, after over a year of never having the time to actually do the work yourself, you send it to a shop.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
That's what happens when you buy all your parts at once with the intention of doing it yourself. Then, after over a year of never having the time to actually do the work yourself, you send it to a shop.
Really enjoying the accelerated build thus far.

We are officially mobile! Got the Adam's Drive Shafts in and finished the 160 amp Durango alternator conversion today. Off to paint tomorrow. Just look at all that clearance under the belly! Went from 8.5" (stock) to about 19" thanks to a tummy tuck and bigger tires. Can't wait to get this guy on the trail.

05f0963bef0d7349ac709f7f334135366c1b6af0-14~2.jpg

Last edited:
Are you going to trim the excess metal from under the rear fender? I know JCR did that on their red LJ build.
Without having the lj with me at home, I can't say for sure. Have you done it before? Is it an easy or hard mod? Do you end up removing any spot welds?

Any updates? The Jeep looks great!
We are experiencing a covid related slow down. Unfortunately, the shop is in the coronavirus capital of Connecticut. It's bad here. I have two old friends with close family members dead from the virus. I've been keeping my whole family quarantined. I've only left the house about 4 times in the last 5-6 weeks. :-(