We are experiencing a covid related slow down. Unfortunately, the shop is in the coronavirus capital of Connecticut. It's bad here. I have two old friends with close family members dead from the virus. I've been keeping my whole family quarantined. I've only left the house about 4 times in the last 5-6 weeks. :-(
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll send some prayers out your way. Hopefully this whole thing ends soon

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll send some prayers out your way. Hopefully this whole thing ends soon
And I just found out my old friend and neighbor passed away just over a week ago from the virus. Hit's really close to home.

• Sad
Reactions: 02GreenTJ
About all we've gotten done since Covid are the bumpers and winch. Slow and steady! Maybe I'll have this done before TJ Fest 2021???

20200513_124005.jpg

20200513_124016.jpg

20200513_124034.jpg

how well did the pre-welded cage line up? I've been thinking about that option myself.

Jeep is looking fantastic!

My factory airbox no longer fit after installing highline fenders and this worked great. Probably the easiest "mod" you can do. Took about 40 minutes. Would have taken about 20 minutes if my garage didn't look like ground zero all the time. You have to shave the mounting tab off the engine side of the airbox for the 3.5" to 2.5" silicone coupling to fit.

I CAREFULLY used 40 grit on my tabletop belt sander to shave the tab off and then hand polished it with some 220 and 320 grit. Note I cut the intake tube too short and had to put longer screws between the airbox and the strut rod. I should have cut the intake tube right at the flexible area. (see last pic)

This is the coupling I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0778W5HMF/?tag=wranglerorg-20

20201129_124706.jpg

20201129_124720.jpg

20201129_124729.jpg

20201129_124758.jpg

20201129_124812.jpg

Air intake cut.jpg

Reactions: Wildman and TWiG01
Jeep looks great, and that air box mod is nice and clean. I like how there is still an actual “box” for the filter

Jeep looks great, and that air box mod is nice and clean. I like how there is still an actual “box” for the filter
No other way to do it. My fragile ego couldn't handle the abuse from my fellow forum members for installing a cold air intake. I have a little known medical condition that creates extreme social anxiety. Its called "WranglerTJForum Syndrome" (aka "WTJFS").

Last edited:
I need to find one of those air boxes. The Windstar does not fit well with the four popper.

While installing a backup camera, I noticed the 3rd brake light was missing. Seems the shop that "built" my LJ removed the contacts on the tailgate and bedlined the contacts on the tub. I'm sure that's standard operating procedure on any jeep build, right? Removing a federally mandated safety feature and then destroying any chance of replacing it makes perfect sense to me.

20201209_101836.jpg

I deleted mine when I put the brake light on my swingout tire carrier. Just ran a wire underneath like you did for your camera.

Reactions: dlm1450