Project status: Spark-plug delete

DETOUR

TJ Enthusiast
- Last week I picked up my built 4L60E from the trannyshop
-tomorrow I’m dropping off the 4BT with Tranny at the local machine shop in order for them to build me an adapter ( engine to torque converter)
- I put myself under the gun ,since I just found out that I have a hip joint replacement coming up in approx 10 weeks time
- the race is on ,do to speak, lol
- I’m hoping to get at least the bull work done before surgery
- 2019 is CUMMINS’s 💯year anniversary and I’m aiming to have the swap done by December 31 this year !

“ they make it - CUMMINS shakes it” 😂

Goin the xtra mile - it’s never crowded !!!

—o|||||o— 👋🏿

8C358EE8-67D1-4A69-9682-F6D5DC2DE7C0.jpeg

Very cool! I had a chance to drive a Cummins swapped (4BT) TJ years ago. While it wasn't for me, it's definitely a cool swap nonetheless. Can't way to see the finished result!

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
- Last week I picked up my built 4L60E from the trannyshop
-tomorrow I’m dropping off the 4BT with Tranny at the local machine shop in order for them to build me an adapter ( engine to torque converter)
- I put myself under the gun ,since I just found out that I have a hip joint replacement coming up in approx 10 weeks time
- the race is on ,do to speak, lol
- I’m hoping to get at least the bull work done before surgery
- 2019 is CUMMINS’s 💯year anniversary and I’m aiming to have the swap done by December 31 this year !

“ they make it - CUMMINS shakes it” 😂

Goin the xtra mile - it’s never crowded !!!

—o|||||o— 👋🏿

View attachment 113154
K,
the “wedding” happened last Thursday
- Nop, it’s not gonna push my GRUMMAN-canoe 😂
D54C4951-B0E9-4AED-A91D-C18FA37DDBF4.jpeg

Looking forward to the build as well! I'm constantly getting comments about how I should have gone with a 4BT in my Wrangler! I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

-Grant

Don’t be rushing - be CANADIAN,eh

- I’m already encountering the first hurdle ,as the need arises to machine an adaptor plate to rotate the tranny 6 degrees in order to be level with the engine.
-Of course ,the flex plate needs to be modified too after

- well that’s the fun factor of any custom build IMHO
( I should have sent the engine out with the transmission, then we would’ve noticed this right away )

Plan “B” is the only steady thing ...

I won’t bother you folks with every future breath until at least the gas pot is out of the HEEP and I’m setting in the “sparkplug - delete”
😊

Howdy All
If anyone has some leftover patience, please send it my way
Hahaha
- my hip joint re+re works great, now my left shoulder rotator cuff is giving me grief over the last 3 weeks
- X-ray done, waiting on MRI

getting older is more than just a number
Hahaha
I’m learning the hard way, but , staying young at heart, no one can steal that from ya !!!

Picked up a great saying :

“the Only time you need to look down on someone is when you give them a hand to get up”

DETOUR overnout

—•|||||•—👋🏿

862C4AD2-6D10-4FAD-819C-199FBD3B4435.jpeg

Did you get the engine in?

Also, is the canoe a full time accessory? Seems handy to have around, just curious mostly
Did you get the engine in?

Also, is the canoe a full time accessory? Seems handy to have around, just curious mostly
Nop , didn’t get engine swapped yet, canoe is manly for adventure looks these days
lol

Nice project! . . . .
Run Dodge/Cummins here.
Had my hip replacement done in March.
Live on Vancouver Island.
Rollin' coal . . . . :giggle:
Head lice
How’s your hip recovery coming ?!
I been fortunate to get physio 4 x 75 minutes a week here in Dawson Creek for the last 8 weeks , after 8 week self paced exercises due to the “plandemic”
lol
- I’ve been riding my pedal bike up until July 01 , that’s when I got issues with my driver side rotator cuff

take care

—•|||||•—👋🏿

Reactions: Head Lice
Gday All
MAYDAY-MAYDAY

• It started gradually over 5000 km
Apart from worn synchros, worn engine mounts (not applicable here) could there be any other cause ?
• we went snow wheeling this weekend, rear tires chained up and diff locked
even with trying to hold the shifter in 1st, It pops outta gear under load

Thx in advance for your input

Ps: everything is pointing towards my “SPARKPLUG-DELETE” project, but My body is still in limp mode, waiting on shoulder surgery , although I’m still able to operate the 6 speed manual , especially now with a brand new hip joint (driver side)
- my hopes are still up for a “quick fix” on the 1st gear popping out

Thx in advance for your advice

DETOUR Overnout

~•lllllll•~

Hey Detour!
Good to hear that you're on the mend. Went through your town last Sept. on the way to Sikanni Chief river. No moose this year. Glad the Site 'C' is still a go . . . jobs.
Wasn't going to mention how warm it's here now . . . ;)
Headline,
U baaad , berry baaad. 😉😂
By the way , this my 3rd day in a row , driving with doors OFF !

just a lovin it !

although I had to dig out my parka again ,🥶😊