PRP Seats That Retain Fold / Tumble & Height

mjonesjr84

WTF was that?
Supporting Member
I'm ordering PRP seats for my 00 TJ and want to retain the fold & tumble feature so it is easier for the kid to get in and out of the back seat with the hard top on. I've seen that Rugged Ridge makes a kit that will allow it, but no one has it in stock (part # 13201.09). They do have one available for the 2003+ seat bases ( part # 13201.10)

Since the PRP seats will be 1-2" higher than my OEM seats, can I install the 2003+ seat brackets to 1. Lower the height back to near stock and 2. Retain the tumble feature with the Rugged Ridge part?

Reactions: Oldbeachguy
I'm ordering PRP seats for my 00 TJ and want to retain the fold & tumble feature so it is easier for the kid to get in and out of the back seat with the hard top on. I've seen that Rugged Ridge makes a kit that will allow it, but no one has it in stock (part # 13201.09). They do have one available for the 2003+ seat bases ( part # 13201.10)

Since the PRP seats will be 1-2" higher than my OEM seats, can I install the 2003+ seat brackets to 1. Lower the height back to near stock and 2. Retain the tumble feature with the Rugged Ridge part?

That RR kit didn't work well for me so I threw both of them away. It looked awesome, but didn't work well...the leverage is not good when in the position that worked with the PRP seats and 05 seat base.

I then used a pull cord and lawnmower pull handle but that's not great either. I now just grip and turn the bar under the seat. I have no issues doing it that way, but a kiddo won't be able to do that.

Mine still fold and tumble but you have to reach under and yank the lever. The harness makes it a bitch. I just take the top of if I know I’m gonna have a rear seat rider. Or in an emergency the climb over the seat from the back.

Most people are scared to ride the back anyway. We get a little rowdy some times.

We have PRP Enduros on stock bases with PRP adapters.

Reactions: MikekiM
That RR kit didn't work well for me so I threw both of them away. It looked awesome, but didn't work well...the leverage is not good when in the position that worked with the PRP seats and 05 seat base.

I then used a pull cord and lawnmower pull handle but that's not great either. I now just grip and turn the bar under the seat. I have no issues doing it that way, but a kiddo won't be able to do that.
Assuming you have the 2003+ seat brackets? I can see where that would work for the pull cord. How is the height with those brackets?

Mine still fold and tumble but you have to reach under and yank the lever. The harness makes it a bitch. I just take the top of if I know I’m gonna have a rear seat rider. Or in an emergency the climb over the seat from the back.

Most people are scared to ride the back anyway. We get a little rowdy some times.

We have PRP Enduros on stock bases with PRP adapters.
I somewhat daily my TJ to keep miles off my truck. I drop off and pick up my kid as much as I can from school, so she rids back there. When we go trail riding, both kids will ride in the back seat. With the hard top on, getting them in and out of the back seat will be a chore without the tumble feature.

Assuming you have the 2003+ seat brackets? I can see where that would work for the pull cord. How is the height with those brackets?

Yea, I was stoked on the RR kit and had it all dialed in looking great on the 2005 seat base. Just didn't work so well once installed (with the PRP seat). I just turn the bar with my hand now it works just fine for me that way I threw the pull cord away as well, but you might like it. If you go that route, make sure the paracord is plenty strong.

Edit: I believe the height is about .75" to 1" higher than stock. I removed my 1" lift blocks when I installed the PRP seats. I'm 6'2 and all is well.

Reactions: mjonesjr84
I have the Mastercraft seats and their handle installed on the passenger seat in my TJ and it works just fine. I do have the fixed back seats so I don't know about the fold feature but with their handle on the base I can flip the passenger seat forward no problem.

I have an extra handle for the flip feature from Mastercraft but don't know if it would work with the PRP seats or not. I can flip my seat forward for you tomorrow and snaps some pictures.

I have the Mastercraft seats and their handle installed on the passenger seat in my TJ and it works just fine. I do have the fixed back seats so I don't know about the fold feature but with their handle on the base I can flip the passenger seat forward no problem.

I have an extra handle for the flip feature from Mastercraft but don't know if it would work with the PRP seats or not. I can flip my seat forward for you tomorrow and snaps some pictures.

Pictures would be awesome. What year tracks are you using?

Pictures would be awesome. What year tracks are you using?

Mines a 1997 early version (build date 01/96)

Here is what the extension for the lever looks like. I'll get some pictures of the seat flipped forward later today.

20220408_142459.jpg

20220408_142507.jpg

Here's the lever for the flip installed in the Jeep.

20240302_130722.jpg

You can see it extends forward enough to reach easily.

20240302_130727.jpg

And the seat flipped forward.

20240302_130806.jpg

There's about 12" of space. If you had reclining seats you'd have more room obviously.

20240302_130855.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JMT and mjonesjr84
That helps a ton. I was messing with my seats and I think that will work. I'm going to call and order them Monday.

When I bought my seats Mastercraft didn't offer the reclining versions yet. Of course about 3 months later they started offering them. I had the Scat ProCar seats in my Jeep prior to the Mastercrafts.

seats.jpg

Gosh I've been looking for a solution to restore my tumble-forward/flip function after installing the Bestop seats. Could you point me to where I might be able to order that extension handle? My Google search didn't yield any results close to what you have. Or if you still have that extra piece I would gladly buy it from you. I still have the original lever and seat bracket on, but the lever is just not very accessible when I try to reach for it from the driver's seat. I just need one extension so I can quickly tumble the passenger seat forward to let people into the back.

Last edited:
Gosh I've been looking for a solution to restore my tumble-forward/flip function after installing the Bestop seats. Could you point me to where I might be able to order that extension handle? My Google search didn't yield any results close to what you have. Or if you still have that extra piece I would gladly buy it from you. I still have the original lever and seat bracket on, but the lever is just not very accessible when I try to reach for it from the driver's seat. I just need one extension so I can quickly tumble the passenger seat forward to let people into the back.

Sorry the spare handle I had is gone.

1713378315622.png

It shouldn't be that hard to fab something up from the looks of it.

https://www.mastercraftsafety.com/Jeep_TJ_97_02_Adapter_Kit_p/mount-tj-97-02.htm