Purple TJ in AZ (just some of the stuff I've done thread)

Ended up getting this panel off the interweb. Was able to move my locker switches and winch control closer to the driver and more room between the shifter and dash switches. Pretty happy with the results. Managed to kill a Saturday, a few beers and clean up some dash wiring .

View attachment 520323

View attachment 520324

View attachment 520325

View attachment 520326

Looks good. Curious what everything is feeding through behind the panel? I’m wiring up my lockers now and looks like i might have to cut another hole to feed the wiring from behind the dash to the switch panel since not everything seems to fit through the small hole provided by the cigarette lighter
1713806531675.jpeg

Looks good. Curious what everything is feeding through behind the panel? I’m wiring up my lockers now and looks like i might have to cut another hole to feed the wiring from behind the dash to the switch panel since not everything seems to fit through the small hole provided by the cigarette lighter
View attachment 520914

1713807791632.png

I cut a hole in the top of the compartment behind the panel for ease of running the wire loom. Never going to be an ashtray there again anyway.
I pulled my ignition switched power off the cigarette lighter circuit. My lockers, compressor, winch and lights are all run off of relays so there is very little load on that circuit. I also removed the rear window defroster and wiper washer switches and tucked the pigtails up and out of the way. I haven't had a need to use either of them in the last ten years.

So this is next project I need to move on . This Dana 30 high pinion has been sitting in my garage for a year now. I bought it for the housing basically. It is most of the way to a three link. I already sold off the steering, brakes and adjustable track bar. That covered half of my original investment. What I have left is D30HP with mini truss, 4:10 gears on a Zip locker. I will not use the stock axles, knuckles, unit bearings and Synergy ball joints and probably the Zip locker.
The plan is to
Finish the truss,

Cut off the stock lower control arm brackets and replace with Iron rock mounts

Fabricate lower shock mounts to match my outboard Fox’s

Reinforce track bar mount to accommodate my hydro assist ram

Raise sway bar links to accommodate tie rod flip

Probably switch over my Eaton Elocker and ditch the Zip locker

Switch over my Yukon axles, BMB big brakes, as well as my hydraulic assist steering.

Then finish with a mid-arm three link

IMG_4869.jpeg

Reactions: Tob
While I plan , I need to figure out how to shrink the track bar bolt hole. It has been drilled out to 15mm. Need to get it down to 1/2”. Outside is easy because the reinforcement brackets, the inside…. Not so much.

IMG_4871.jpeg

I saw it advertised in northern AZ and I said cool but do I need it? He dropped the price twice and I started crunching numbers and determined I was not going to see another one like this. So I asked the wife “ hey do you want to drive up to Sedona for dinner”? Oh and we are going to make a small detour.
Now I need to get busy and get it ready for the mid-arm project.

I saw it advertised in northern AZ and I said cool but do I need it? He dropped the price twice and I started crunching numbers and determined I was not going to see another one like this. So I asked the wife “ hey do you want to drive up to Sedona for dinner”? Oh and we are going to make a small detour.
Now I need to get busy and get it ready for the mid-arm project.

That’s the same way I convinced my wife to ride along for the remote res shocks I have waiting to install. Couple hour drive, but there is a really good restaurant nearby. “ Wanna go grab a steak at bills? We have to make a small detour.”