Quadratec shocks?

Shane Mckinley

Zipman35
Supporting Member
Anyone have experience with or know anything about the hydro 7 or nitro 8 (assuming I remember that right) shocks they pair with the budget boost kits?

Im sure they are overpriced and subpar but it’s possible I may be getting it as a gift. Wouldn’t just want to return it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Yea if they are gifted to you your not out any money I guess lol. I haven’t heard good or bad on them honestly tho. I would assume you get what you pay for tho..

I’d pass, but I’m certain they are just rebranded shocks, just not sure which brand they are rebranding.

Reactions: fourpointzero
Also, I ordered some rear shocks from the against my better judgement and they only had one and charged me for 2 and express shipping. I promptly called and cancelled my order.
Something to consider when ordering from them. Lesson learned.

Well I’ve complained about the right rear shock jumping off the bushing now twice in a year. They are trying to be nice and such lol

I am sure something else is going on back there but I’m not sure what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

You can call qtec, they might tell you what brand they are.

I just bought my first Jeep. PO didn't know the brand of lift and had some older shocks on there with two different brands between the front and rear. I just ordered a set of the Hydro 7s. I'll post a review once I get them broken in.

Reactions: JMT
Finally got the Quadratec Hydro 7s installed. Same part number as the Skyjackers I took off on the rear, which would explain why the ride didn't change too much. Put about 6 hours on them today, 2 hours on the trail, 2 on dirt roads and the rest on pavement. Next time I'll go Rancho.

After the past few weekends of off roading and finally hoping in my sisters 2018 JK Rubicon today , I’ve come to the conclusion that the Quadratecs are as Chris would say “pogo sticks “. My wife said today “I don’t care if you spend $1000, get some better shocks” so a set Rancho RS5000x is on order.

After the past few weekends of off roading and finally hoping in my sisters 2018 JK Rubicon today , I’ve come to the conclusion that the Quadratecs are as Chris would say “pogo sticks “. My wife said today “I don’t care if you spend $1000, get some better shocks” so a set Rancho RS5000x is on order.

Yep, sounds about right based off what I've heard from others.

Take it from me... I've run enough shocks to know that the Rancho RS5000X truly is the best riding shock for the TJ in terms of "off the shelf" units.

I fully believe you could get a good shock like a Fox or Bilstein to ride just as good, but it wouldn't be an "off the shelf" shock. It would need to be custom valved and setup for the weight of the vehicle. The problem with those shocks is that they simply are setup for a vehicle that is much, much heavier than the TJ as they come out of the box. That translates to a harsh ride.

I've heard of people taking shocks such as the Fox ones and having them re-valved for the weight of their TJ, which would of course make for a great ride. That's expensive though, and it's more than most of us want to do.

Reactions: Bert
And for way less than $1000!