Question about doors & soft tops

kaysmii

Hello! I have been searching for a Jeep Wrangler lately and I stumbled across a for sale by owner Jeep in someone's yard. I am interested in it. Its a 2002 Sahara model. 4.0L V6 automatic.
However, this Jeep has a soft top where the windows are part of it and plastic. I don't like this feature and was wondering
Is it possible to put standard full doors with glass roll up windows on a jeep that has the factory soft top-half door-plastic window configuration?

I am learning so bare with me! Thanks :)

Yes you can put full doors on no problem. I personally have full doors and have doors with the soft uppers and swap them seasonally.

No the locks are manual, you could get them rekeyed to fit with your factory key, but I am not sure how much that would cost.

Rekeying the pair of barrels for my hard half doors was $120.00. That was with me pulling them, delivering to the locksmith, and then reinstalling them myself.

Hello! I have been searching for a Jeep Wrangler lately and I stumbled across a for sale by owner Jeep in someone's yard. I am interested in it. Its a 2002 Sahara model. 4.0L V6 automatic.
However, this Jeep has a soft top where the windows are part of it and plastic. I don't like this feature and was wondering
Is it possible to put standard full doors with glass roll up windows on a jeep that has the factory soft top-half door-plastic window configuration?

I am learning so bare with me! Thanks :)

I'll help you out a little bit with Wranglers in general.

The doors before 1997 wouldn't switch between the soft top and hard top and neither will easily fit any TJ.

Any doors you may find from 2007 on probably don't fit the TJ either.

The 4.0 isn't a V6, it's a straight 6. A much better engine than the V6 they started selling in 2007. At some point after that, they changed the V6. I've heard it's a better V6 but I don't know how much better.

And beware of rust INSIDE the frame and between the frame and skid plate. Most other rust is obvious but some of it likes to stay hidden until it's really hard to repair.

This is mine when I have the full doors on with the soft top. Mine came from the factory with full doors and a hard top and a second soft top. I have bought half doors because I like driving in the summer time with half doors better than the full doors. Oh just so you know the 4.0 is a straight 6 and not a V6

Iphone6 1561.JPG

Iphone6 1480.JPG

One thing about locking doors. IS that if you have a soft top the easiest way in is to simply cut the soft top open. So most don't use their locks if they have a soft top. Better to invest in a Tuffy security glove box or rear trunk. Faceplate stereo or oem (cause it's to cheap to bother stealing). And don't leave anything in the Jeep.

Most junkyards now days use www.car-parts.com to list their parts. That and CL are the best places to look for doors. As long as the hinge pins aren't corroded stuck. Swapping doors is very very easy. They literally lift off the hinge pins. And you swap between half doors (what's on the Jeep your looking at.) and full doors or no doors.