Question About Hard Top Installation

LukesfirstJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I'm installing my hard top for the winter :cry:, and wonder if I should keep the muck seals in place? These are the little rubber seals at the front of the tub, where it meets the rear edge of the door.

I've seen replies supporting both with and without (based mostly on how it was setup when they bought it new).

However, I'm pretty sure that the hardtop has a recess for the seal, so I think they should be on.

I always kept mine on and the top never leaked.

Reactions: B252
Hey guys - new to this forum - hope to get some questions answered. I recently bought a 2004 Wrangler Sport 4.0 with an after market soft top - noticed water standing the floorboard after a rain. Found an OEM Mopar hardtop (the model that has the vents on rear corners) and replaced the soft top with this hardtop - still have water in the floorboard after a lengthy rain. Questions: 1) The people I bought the hardtop from gave me a crossmember with the hardtop but I'm not sure where it goes or if it's even for the hardtop - any info on this crossmember? 2) Any info on where the rain could be getting on both tops on the driver side front on the A pillar? 3) Bought a conversion pigtail for the rear wiper/washer/defrost to connect to the older TJ hardtop to the 2004 OEM wiring in the Jeep but still can't get the washer or wiper to work - any info on this? Any information on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
In the future for your own benefit- its better to start your own thread as previously said for multiple reasons-- all of which are positive.
To answer your ?- i recommend you type this ( where is the water coming from ) in the search ( up in the top right corner ) pay close attention to posts 24 & 25

Those remedies will solve your issues 99.9 % of the time

Now back top the top leaking
When I installed my hard top I had a leak-- ended up being I was missing one muck/mucket seal. Replaced it and the leak stopped

In the future for your own benefit- its better to start your own thread as previously said for multiple reasons-- all of which are positive.
To answer your ?- i recommend you type this ( where is the water coming from ) in the search ( up in the top right corner ) pay close attention to posts 24 & 25

Those remedies will solve your issues 99.9 % of the time

Looks like you started typing this around the same time Chris moved his post into its own thread

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/hardtop-questions.31246/

Reactions: BlueFl.Wrangler