Question about my Jeep's alternator

Semaj07

Hey all!

So I have a 1998 Wrangler Sahara (I6 4.0 M/T) and I need to replace the alternator for it. However, when I look up the build sheet, it says mine came with a 117 amp alternator. Which is great, but whenever I look I seem to only find a 90amp or the 75amp for the 98s. The 99+ models seem to have the listing for the 117amp. My question is, if I get one that fits a 99 model, will that fit ok on my 98? Or should I just go with the 90amp? I kind of don't want to go with a LOWER model amperage because that seems like a waste. Anyway, just looking for some help. Thanks all!!

i checked my jeep parts supplier for you. only i live in the EU and some parts are different and not OEM.

In my country they sell 2 models for 4.0 L M/T ( i have a 97 4.0L M/T ) . 90 Amp model till year 96- 2000 TJ and also a 120 Amp 96-2000 TJ...

From the pictures I have looked at; I cannot see the rear electrical connectors so they may need to be adapted, but the remainder of the alternator appears that it should work...

Yeah the 99+ with the 117 seems to have different connectors. Very strange! I may just go with the aftermarket 120amp that I see around. Don't think I need anything more than that because the thing is basically stock with the exception of two little led lights on the side of the window. I will definitely check out the 160 amp Durango too because if the cost is there why not go with it if it works. Thanks all for the quick replies!!