Question on the factory exhaust system of an '04

The only benefit I see on aftermarket exhaust is most of them use mandrel bent pipe that gives the same internal diameter all the way whereas muffler shop piping normally reduces the inner diameter in the bends.

That “one more cat” is in the way of my ultra high clearance Ucf skid on my 01 TJ. Can it be deleted???!! So annoying. If I tighten the skid bolts all the way in it bends the exhaust up and hits tracker bar and forces up rear hanger. PITA!
I'm going through this same problem right now. Have an exhaust shop cut around 6.5-7" out of the mid pipe (or whatever the pipe that goes under the engine is called) then add 6.5-7" after the cat.

20200410_213425.jpg

Reactions: Daryl
Scratch that. I just put my ufc skid up and it would still be an issue if you had the utra low. You'd need to move even further upstream.

Yeah I think I’ll have to just delete it possibly - still looking at putting a small resonator above the skid or somewhere else if able
I'd be interested in what your jeeps smog levels are next time it gets done. Do you guys need to do it every few years or are you exempt until sale?