Questions about front speakers and pods

Do you have a picture of where those mount?

They mount where the 4x6 factory speakers are in the ends of the dashboard. Remove the 4x6, install pods, install speakers in pods. The above set up is exactly what we have in ours. The pods are stupid expensive for what they are but worth it imo

Reactions: Doug-AK
I have been really pleased with how it sounds for how little it cost. They could use a small amp as right now just the head-unit is driving everything. I would go with a soft dome tweeter if you can to keep it from being too bright, but overall I am really please with it and I really like the way those tweeters I lnked to sound. Crisp but not harsh.

You have to remember too, I don't have a hard top, so with a soft top or no top you really can't tell the diffrence between a high end system and an OK system. It is all just kind of background noise to the music of the 31's.

Thanks for the update! I think a dome tweeter or a decent 2" on the dash is my goal. I just need to remember to not go down the "pristine sonic experience" rabbit hole. It's a Jeep that sounds like a Jeep, even with an insulated hardtop!

If you skip the pods, please make sure you get boom mats behind the speakers. The pods will allow for better sound, only if you use polyfill inside to tune them with a decent speaker. Speaker sensitivity match is more important than anything else.

I chose speakers with a lower sensitivity and opted for no pods, but have boom mats behind the speakers do that the sound is not "lost" behind the dash. Sort of speak. I can tell the difference with some music types with or without the boom mat, which is why i chose to keep it. In my JKU I polyfilled the speaker pods and upgraded the factory speakers to better more sensitive ones and that made a night and day difference, even with the stock unit. I didn't even touch the tweeters.

I have some boom mats that I never installed with the new speakers. They seemed too big, but they’re made for the speaker size I’m using. Did you have to trim the excess foam (*not* the bowl part but the excess rim/top)?

One pod is the price of two decent marine speakers, and I’m trying to budget lbs.. 🤷🏼‍♀️😅

It’s easy to design them on the cad and then 3d print 👍🏼

ECFECEFF-EBB9-4AFD-8281-2E21C0FBF3AF.jpeg

1420BF66-0C8E-479C-92E0-7D957CE9D65E.jpeg

985C7B88-EB94-4355-959B-2862D6869770.jpeg

I used some metal ones that were pretty cheap on Amazon. Exact same concept, but I appreciate that! I wish I had a 3D printer! That would’ve been much cheaper, maybe?

If it works with no annoying buzzing (since all it's metal.. pods, screws, supports ecc..) it's ok!
Anyway, couple of euros for both included energy ! But you have to design them.. and have a 3d printer, which costs a lot.
I usually design and then "rent" my friend's printer, who also has a TJ so both happy with every projects :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: NashvilleTJ