Questions about Savvy tuned Fox shocks and fitment

Fargo

TJ Enthusiast
My current shocks are in need of rebuilding or replacing. So I am looking into the Savvy Tuned Fox. My problem is that I currently need a 13.5" rear shock and the Savvy Fox are 14.5". So I am trying to figure out how to make them fit. Do they come with the bar pin in them? If so how hard is it to press it out if I want to use something like this Teraflex shock Adapter.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16191_504.htm

The bushings press right out. I think you're going the wrong direction with that bar pin eliminator though?

The bushings press right out. I think you're going the wrong direction with that bar pin eliminator though?
I don't like it either. I'm open to other thoughts. I just hate to loose my up travel. I just put in 1" taller springs to gain some up travel. I'm open to any ideas though. I've made some errors in shocks in the past so I'm trying to get it right.

I don't like it either. I'm open to other thoughts. I just hate to loose my up travel. I just put in 1" taller springs to gain some up travel. I'm open to any ideas though. I've made some errors in shocks in the past so I'm trying to get it right.
I mean, you'll lose even more with the eliminator.

Out boarding is the next best step.

I mean, you'll lose even more with the eliminator.

Out boarding is the next best step.
No, that's the beauty of this adaptor. Its designed to push up above the frame to give an extra inch of room for a longer shock. From the description:
The TJ rear upper shock adapter and relocator eliminates the bar pin, and relocates the mounting position up one inch to allow long travel shocks to be used. Because the mounting point is raised, a one inch body lift is required.

104720-add1.jpg

I just didn't know if this would work or create extra bind or clearance issues.

Reactions: toximus
No, that's the beauty of this adaptor. Its designed to push up above the frame to give an extra inch of room for a longer shock. From the description:
The TJ rear upper shock adapter and relocator eliminates the bar pin, and relocates the mounting position up one inch to allow long travel shocks to be used. Because the mounting point is raised, a one inch body lift is required.

View attachment 252368

Those can work if the shock body fits into the crossmember. Bind has been thoroughly discussed already. 😉

Those can work if the shock body fits into the crossmember. Bind has been thoroughly discussed already. 😉
Any ideas if the Fox body fits into the crossmember?

Was there a thread somewhere about these where bind was discussed? I don't remember that if I saw it.

Thanks guys.

Any ideas if the Fox body fits into the crossmember?

Was there a thread somewhere about these where bind was discussed? I don't remember that if I saw it.

Thanks guys.
No idea about the body. Bind is a non issue.

No idea about the body. Bind is a non issue.

I didn't see that thread either, was it related to the axis of the upper bushing being turned 90° from the stock position?

Seems like if anything, it could be better that way in articulation.

View attachment 252368

I missed that.

I'm not sure if it'll fit or not.

That is dissappointing to hear. But thanks for letting me know before I go down that road. Was this personal experience?
I bought them about 10 years ago. The ends on the Fox are too large. They're made for something with a standard size shock bushing like a Rancho.

Reactions: Fargo
Another quick question. Can the Savvy shocks be rebuilt? Looking at pictures I don't see a Schrader valve to fill nitrogen.

Interesting. I'm undecided if thats genius or unnecessarily complicated. But I guess it encourages you to change out the bushings while your doing your rebuild.

Thanks for postings.

Reactions: OldGloryLJ