Quick disconnect sway bars

GcG166

My tj has quick disconnect sway bars amd the reat the previous owner just unbolted. Looking at quick disconnect setups online... why not just get a removable pin and use the original linkage? Am i missing something here? Or is there any reason i shouldn't turn a pin on my lathe and drill a hole for safety pin and put it on the rear linkage?

At the very least put the rear bar back on and run it connected. The stock rear does not restrict travel and the stability from at least one sway bar is beneficial.

Reactions: Alex01
Sway bars on both ends is ideal. However, the factory front is really stiff and does not allow the front to articulate as much as it capable of. That is why many will run disconnect links up front. Though, a softer, tunable front like the Antirock is a significant improvement over both the factory front and running it disconnected.

Already have the front disconnects. Rear ill just leave attached. First i have to make a new mount to attach the linkage to the chassis as the original rusted.

Jerry, can you elaborate? Why not have quick disconnects on both? To be honest, I don't even know what I have on mine at the moment (only had it a few months and still tinkering). But would love to hear your input for future reference.

This...

At the very least put the rear bar back on and run it connected. The stock rear does not restrict travel and the stability from at least one sway bar is beneficial.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Jerry, can you elaborate? Why not have quick disconnects on both? To be honest, I don't even know what I have on mine at the moment (only had it a few months and still tinkering). But would love to hear your input for future reference.
@jjvw explained the reasoning on post #2....

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I have heard that having a Curri Anti-rock sway bar only in the front can cause problems. I have a '18 JL Sport and I would like to add one to the front.. Anyone heard of issues? If so, what issues?

I have heard that having a Curri Anti-rock sway bar only in the front can cause problems. I have a '18 JL Sport and I would like to add one to the front

You do realize this is a TJ forum, for 97-06 Jeep Wranglers? You have a JL, so you won't get much good advice here.

I can tell you that on a TJ, a Currie Antirock in the front is all you need. There is no need for one in the rear.

Reactions: Apparition
I have heard that having a Curri Anti-rock sway bar only in the front can cause problems. I have a '18 JL Sport and I would like to add one to the front.. Anyone heard of issues? If so, what issues?

What kind of problems?