Quick Questions?

I ask for a quick question when I know there's a whole background that could go with it but I'm not trying to take too much of the answerers time. It's usually when I'm trying to answer something tangentially related and need the quick answer to complete it, but plan to research the background on my own at a later time.
So you want a quick answer but ask for a quick question?

yea - that's crap. I don't put up with ads in my operating system under ANY circumstances. More smartphone bullshit I'm sure. 11 is a particular fiasco because of the brainless TPM requirements - now M$ is getting into the Nanny State business just like Apple.

If you just HAVE to run Win 11, make sure its the "Pro" version that "allows" you to have local and/or domain accounts, none of the "Microsoft account" pseudo-smartphone horse crap, complete with a PIN to log in!

I've been using Linux as my main OS at home. You should try Fedora. No ads, no garbage. Streamlined and just works.

Unfortunately, forced to use Windows on my gaming PC. Linux hasn't quite gotten that figured out yet. More so because the game devs don't want people running Linux. Microsoft bought Activision...

Why do folks ask if they can ask a quick question? What does the length of time it takes to ask a question have to do with anything? I get it at least daily.

Can I ask you a quick question?
You just did.
Can I ask another quick question?
You just did.
Okay, can I ask two quick questions?
Sure. What is the second one?

Are they asking because they think if they ask a slow question they won't get an answer? Why is it so frequent and why do folks do it?

Just ask the fucking question.
In my experience there is no such thing