R/C TJ

yep it was easier to adapt the larger body then a smaller one
I like that you modified a die-cast. It gives it some realistic weight that you wouldn’t normally see on a lex bodied R/C.

That body roll and bounce does it, now for some motor sounds and close-ups on some terrain and you could get away with calling it full size. (y)

my kids would love this for about 45 minutes until they broke it (we've broken 4 cheap RC cars in the last year). Still makes me want to build one and hide it until they're old enough.

I like that you modified a die-cast. It gives it some realistic weight that you wouldn’t normally see on a lex bodied R/C.

That body roll and bounce does it, now for some motor sounds and close-ups on some terrain and you could get away with calling it full size. (y)
Ya my goal is to get it a realistic as possible

my kids would love this for about 45 minutes until they broke it (we've broken 4 cheap RC cars in the last year). Still makes me want to build one and hide it until they're old enough.
Actually, the Axial SCX24 that the op used as a base is pretty solid. Not cheap, 120 for the wrangler JL version, but everything is replaceable and/or upgradeable

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I've got a couple of Axial SCX10 IIs and have been searching for a 1/10th scale TJ or LJ body. Tamiya has a YJ, and it's styrene, so it could be modified. My concern is how tough it would be afterwards. Other than that, all I've found are toy bodies with very poor detail.

I've got a couple of Axial SCX10 IIs and have been searching for a 1/10th scale TJ or LJ body. Tamiya has a YJ, and it's styrene, so it could be modified. My concern is how tough it would be afterwards. Other than that, all I've found are toy bodies with very poor detail.
Ya that was my issue so I decided to go with a even smaller version and it came out well

I read the title and thought, OMG this forum is going to cost me money again! LOL

That is awesome. Great job on it.