Radiator flush. 00 sport 4.0

Dan Westphal

Looking for assistance.

Installed flush T
Flushed system
Drained radiator
Added 1 gallon of coolant
Added 1 gallon of water to reserve tank as coolant was slow to fill.
Cloud not get more info radiator.

How do I get this thing to burp so I can add the additional gallon and some?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Starting with a cold engine remove the radiator cap and run the engine until the thermostat opens. However with a full radiator that might be a bit messy. I would normally do that when refilling the system.

Unless there is TON of air in the system any little bit left will eventually work its way out through the overflow bottle. Usually a couple days after re filling everything the lid on my overflow bottle will pop open.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
X2 to the above.

Just pour fluid in till it comes out the cap. With the engine off (and cold), you'll want to squeeze the upper hose and push as much air out as you can. Then keep filling the radiator until no more bubbles come out. After that, you'll fill the overflow bottle above the "full" mark and go for a drive. It usually sucks in most of the fluid in the overflow bottle on that drive, and later you'll top it off as necessary till its at the "full" mark when cold.

Keep in mind that just draining the radiator doesn't get all of the coolant out, some remains inside the engine so it won't take the entire amount specified for a complete fresh fill.

Reactions: Chris