Rancho shocks for this setup?

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
04 TJR - Currently putting the coin back for the Currie 4”. Jeep currently has a fab tech 4” on it. 35” tires.

1.25 BL to be installed as soon as it comes in. Problem is I need new shocks now and don’t want to wait to buy / install the Currie. I know ideally best scenario would be to cycle - measure - order but surely some has this setup with X size ranchos.

Ultimately if I need to buy twice it’s whatever but if I can avoid that, even better.

If you're not going to cycle the suspension, then I would suspect that the 2-3" Rancho 5000X would be the correct ones since they run long. That would be the 239 and 241 numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
If you're not going to cycle the suspension, then I would suspect that the 2-3" Rancho 5000X would be the correct ones.
I will once the Currie is on in a few months and will replace shocks if needed. Just figured this is a fairly “common” setup and someone might have the ideal ones to save me $200 lol

Your tires are going to require a bunch of bump stop. That will set the baseline for the amount of compressed shock you can fit in there. Bottom line is that you need to cycle the axles once the body lift is in.

Your tires are going to require a bunch of bump stop. That will set the baseline for the amount of compressed shock you can fit in there. Bottom line is that you need to cycle the axles once the body lift is in.

Would you expect much of a difference between current 4” /1.25 versus when Currie 4” gets installed?

Depends on what the current 4" is doing compared to the Currie. The biggest change is likely going to come from the body lift.

Reactions: T_Hase89
Why are you replacing your springs? What is the problem the current set is causing? It could be you just need new shocks now. Replacing a 4" spring with another 4" spring might not cure anything.

Why are you replacing your springs? What is the problem the current set is causing? It could be you just need new shocks now. Replacing a 4" spring with another 4" spring might not cure anything.

I’m running a 15 year old fixed arm (minus new rear adj upper CAs) fabtech 4” lift that the PO installed. If I’m going to put in Currie components, why not replace everything including the springs? I’d rather have all new versus keeping the original. The shocks on it now are RCs he installed and they are shot.

Edit: all the bushings are shot in the CAs and track bar.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
I’m running a 15 year old fixed arm (minus new rear adj upper CAs) fabtech 4” lift that the PO installed. If I’m going to put in Currie components, why not replace everything including the springs? I’d rather have all new versus keeping the original. The shocks on it now are RCs he installed and they are shot.

Smart, plus Currie has a very long free length.

Body lift doesn't matter in sizing the shocks, just spring height. I think the ones recommended above will fit your 4" lift. That's what I'm running for a 4" lift.
RS55239
RS55241

Not always the case. There is a relationship between tire size, body clearance and bump stop extension especially on the front end. This can affect shock length.

I’ll cycle my suspension with current setup once I get my BL installed and order shocks. I’ll do again once I move up to the Currie and order again if needed. What’s $200 to optimize a $3000 suspension set up.

Reactions: CodaMan

Good enough reason for me. Just curious. I fully agree to update with the best you can. Tho best isn't always the most expensive, it seems it normally is.👍

I dint mean to hijack, just dont want to start a new thread for almost the same question. I have BDS 3" spring all around, what would be the best rancho shock for that lift? Would the 239-241 also work?