Random cheap tools that make life easier

So after fighting with the snap ring on the transfer case for half an hour I was handed a set of duckbill snap ring pliers. Had both snap rings off in under a minute. Yup. Add to the ole tool box with that one.

View attachment 142207

Amazing what the right tool can do!

I feel the same about these flexible hose clamp pliers. My life changed when I picked up a set of these

1582596320843.png

Spray paint handle:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KZC7K0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I originally bought one when my kids were helping me spray paint my son's robot Halloween costume, and they really had trouble holding the nozzle down and had to use both hands to paint. Now I use it all the time, every time I spray paint.
Gotta see this.

I always spayed glue on boxes and covered with aluminum foil.

Reactions: anarce
Gotta see this.

I always spayed glue on boxes and covered with aluminum foil.
1603396357968.png

Head: Lowe's blue bucket + paint + window screen + LED bike spoke lights
Body: Cardboard box + paint + tablet with audio visualization app that looked like an old oscilloscope and reacted real-time to the mic
Arms: flex duct + cardboard tube cut into "claws" that he could slide his hands out of to get candy and hold his bucket

Lady on a cooking contest last night, you remind me of her. She was running around asking everyone for the wine opener. Later she said she gave up engineering to open a bakery. Seriously, you're an engineer and you don't know what a corkscrew is?

I tell my new workers - if you need a hammer in front of a client, please don’t ask for the “ pounder thingy”.

When I was growing up that really weren’t a lot of tool choices and there was snap on And if you had the means you could get craftsman and everything else was pretty much junk- Cheap tools were the curse - It was bad enough to have to do the work you had to do to a vehicle just to get around but to use wrenches that rounded off bolts and all that was really murder-

Product differences have narrowed over the years- At the same time they do exist and you have to be conscious where they matter if you’re going to get something done without slinging things all over the garage

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
Piece of pipe I use to slide over my ratchet to get some more torque

Also chunks of 4x4 I use to get extra height out of my floor jack

My boss showed me this trick he uses to get bolts that have fallen inside a machine, he has a rod of flexible copper wire and at the end of it he puts a ball of this of this 3M Strip Caulk, and it picks up stuff like nothing. Even better than a magnet sometimes he said, especially if it’s fresh

Reactions: L J