Random cheap tools that make life easier

I find myself using these little end cutting pliers at some point on almost every project. They’re perfect for cutting zip ties, but also cable, wire, thread, or trimming plastic pieces, pulling nails. Great in tight spots.

The ones I have are ancient, and I don’t even know how they came into my possession, they look rough, but they work for so many random things.

1573184228307.jpeg

This Wi-Fi endoscope I bought for less than $30 has saved me hours of time on various projects around the house and with my jeep. Useful if you drop a screw or small connector behind the dash or any other tight hard to reach spot. Good to check for inner frame rust.

DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake Camera for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, Tablet -Black(11.5FT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYTHWK4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The other one that made life super easy real quick with precision I wish I had during my engine swap

A simple hose cutter. I used a razor blade and they look hacked to hell even using my most steady hand.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002NYB6O/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CRDM06/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have something like this for cutting PVC pipe, saved a lot of time compared to using a hacksaw. Used them on irrigation and aquarium projects quite a bit.

Reactions: NDSpeed
I find myself using these little end cutting pliers at some point on almost every project. They’re perfect for cutting zip ties, but also cable, wire, thread, or trimming plastic pieces, pulling nails. Great in tight spots.

The ones I have are ancient, and I don’t even know how they came into my possession, they look rough, but they work for so many random things.

View attachment 123994

Nippers

Reactions: khakitj
If you can find, or make, a wheel dolly like one of these they're very useful. I saw one in Princess Auto for about $80/$90 and figured I could make one fairly easily. A few months later they were on for about $29 so I grabbed one.

Wheel Dolly.JPG

Reactions: alittleoff and mots
If you can find, or make, a wheel dolly like one of these they're very useful. I saw one in Princess Auto for about $80/$90 and figured I could make one fairly easily. A few months later they were on for about $29 so I grabbed one.

View attachment 124143

Get two and we'll have the beginnings of a poorman's dynamometer. :)

Reactions: PCO6
This hunk of metal is my favorite random cheap tool. 3/4” bar stock with the jaw end of a 7/8” galvanized Crosby turnbuckle welded on one end. I worked for years on ocean going tugs, often towing cargo barges. This bar was made up a good 20+ years ago for tightening/loosening turnbuckles that we chained down containers and rolling stock with. The slit on the jaw end was to assist on removing stubborn wire mousing that kept the buckles from backing out and loosening. When I moved off the deck and into the wheelhouse, I couldn’t part with it, and it came home. Now it sees service for all sorts of odd jobs. I’ve used it for a pry bar. A makeshift hammer. A club to break up ice. A weight to hold things down. I use it to help hooking up implements for the tractor that last frustrating 1/4 inch. Yesterday I used it to keep my new hubs from spinning by setting the flat between studs and the jaw on the ground whilst I tightened the axle nut. Flat out just a handy damn tool.
F9717D0D-0EA7-4C3C-8E09-5A5FEE850979.jpeg

0F5D3DCD-222B-4A9F-A9DE-D8189A2B746D.jpeg

Most cars come with way more nuts and bolts than are actually needed to keep them together. However, if you've already dropped a couple down in the engine bay somewhere, or inside the door, or behind the frame, and you just can't leave the last one off, then a telescoping magnet comes in handy.

Telescoping magnet

Most cars come with way more nuts and bolts than are actually needed to keep them together. However, if you've already dropped a couple down in the engine bay somewhere, or inside the door, or behind the frame, and you just can't leave the last one off, then a telescoping magnet comes in handy.

Telescoping magnet
Telescoping inspection mirror is great to have as well.. and I can’t believe nobody has mentioned dental picks.. the come in very handy..