Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

A small plane crashed on my drive home. The explosion lit up the foggy sky so much I though the sun was coming out.

20f6YyMpQxiNDQLCqODVDlBIr=w1250-h938-no?authuser=0.jpg

In Africa. It was brought back by my Father-in-law after one of his Life Water trips to Sierra Leone and Kenya.
My wife and I enjoyed it during our trip over. My in-laws found a place in St. Louis that imports the bottles, they score me a few bottles every Christmas. The cans would be more suitable for taking with us on trips.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and ejay
Tonite's performance. They screwed up my music - instead of playing what I had sent them, they played what I sent them for LAST year! "I wasna prepared to take her into battle, Captain!" I hadn't planned on doing a veil dance tonite, but after a hasty conference, a veil was produced and onstage I went! This was later in the dance after the veil had been discarded (Veil in this context means "large piece of silk one streams about", not "piece of fabric over the face.").
View attachment 294489
Harsh stage lighting!
Zorba - Is dancing something you do for a hobby or do you get paid for it? Maybe both.

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Zorba - Is dancing something you do for a hobby or do you get paid for it? Maybe both.
Both, although certainly more the former than the latter. I'm listed on a couple of gig websites, and get the occasional/rare booking. I actually danced for a high-zoot birthday party for Ted Turner once many years ago. I was the only male dancer there, and I was also the only male who wasn't wearing a tux or suit - it was VERY liberating!

There's a male Belly Dancer in the LA area - or at least was, I'm not sure if he's still active - who supposedly could command $1K for a show. He's "slightly" (sarcasm) better than I am - and in an ideal market. What's annoying is when you get somebody who wants to hire you but they're 200 miles away and can't understand why the price goes up so high - that's happened to me several times!

Last edited:
Both, although certainly more the former than the latter. I'm listed on a couple of gig websites, and get the occasional/rare booking. I actually danced for a high-zoot birthday party for Ted Turner once many years ago. I was the only male dancer there, and I was also the only male who wasn't wearing a tux or suit - it was VERY liberating!

There's a male Belly Dancer in the LA area - or at least was, I'm not sure if he's still active - who supposedly could command $1K for a show. He's "slightly" better than I am - and in an ideal market. What's annoying is when you get somebody who wants to hire you but they're 200 miles away and can't understand why the price goes up so high - that's happened to me several times!

I know how you feel.

Our band gets called for bookings all the time from San Diego to Phoenix, even Dallas.
Many times when they see our Tech Rider (a contract that spells out what's needed for us to be hired = travel, rooms, food, beverages, stage, lights, etc) they freak out. But negotiate and we usually find a number.

Sometimes we get a call and the client says they can't pay but would like us to do the gig for "exposure".
Fuck that. I haven't been playing guitar for 35 years to get "exposure".

Reactions: Zorba
Sometimes we get a call and the client says they can't pay but would like us to do the gig for "exposure".
Fuck that. I haven't been playing guitar for 35 years to get "exposure".
That crap happens to dancers all the time - most of us just ignore it, or bitch about it in the dressing room and online.

I just got wind of a possible gig through one of my dance sisters. Apparently, there's somebody casting about on facefuck looking for a male Belly Dancer in my area for some kind of restaurant gig. Don't know if its a one-off, or s/he's looking for a male "house dancer". Why this person doesn't go onto the REAL World Wide Web and look is beyond me - I guess its more of the "facefuck is the center of the universe" mindset, they'd find me right quick if they bothered to use Google. She's supposedly going to give this person a clue - but I'm not sure I want to be a house dancer again, BTDT - it can be brutal and I'm a LOT older than I was last time I did that! But maybe its just a one time thing which I'd be more up for.

I’ve never heard of that. The cans were inside the wall? Why?

Cool collection though.
It's a frankenhouse with jury rigging throughout.

I have no way of knowing why for sure, but here's a guess. Many of the exterior walls are made of 14" cinder block (our inspector guessed that they may have been salvaged from a mine). The cans are laid on their sides in rows with cement between each run. I would think that would save some cash on cement when they ran out of block.

It's a frankenhouse with jury rigging throughout.

I have no way of knowing why for sure, but here's a guess. Many of the exterior walls are made of 14" cinder block (our inspector guessed that they may have been salvaged from a mine). The cans are laid on their sides in rows with cement between each run. I would think that would save some cash on cement when they ran out of block.
Interesting.